Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

Brand new up! owner here - my girlfriend and I have enjoyed our new up! for the last 2 weeks (black, Move Up, 75 hp). Really happy with it, and also using the M&M quite a lot. The touch screen is terrible and the navigation isn't really intuitive in our opinion (we need a "pinch-to-zoom" gesture for it to be perfect), but we can live with that
Here's my question:

The other day, the M&M system reminded me that I need to update the system very soon if I want to take advantage of the 80% discount. I've heard about this, and I've been told that updating the M&M and getting the 80% discount is a pain for Mac-users (I'm using a MacBook Pro).

I'm driving from Aarhus (Denmark) to Berlin and back in a few days time, so I'd like to make sure I have the newest update installed (up-to-date maps) AND I'd like to take advantage of the 80% discount.

Can anyone explain to me how I go about doing this? (on a Mac).

Your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks and all the best,

balloonhorsens

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
if you register etc on a mac then use a pc to make the payment for it, you can then download it etc from the mac...I just set it up on a pc at work to allow me to pay for the service (£16 after discount) then you can use the mac for downloading, backing up etc etc

its just the payment module that won't work on a mac, everything else is just fine.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I used Bootcamp and Windows XP, as it wouldn't accept payment running Leopard or Lion. As the Doc says, everything else works fine.

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! So I guess I'll have to:

- Find a friend who owns a PC (tough one)
- Download Navigon Fresh on both my Mac and the PC
- Make the payment using the PC
- Do everything else (run the update, transfer the files etc) on my Mac.

Right?

I'll do it, but this is just silly IMO. I mean, a white up! even LOOKS like an iPhone on wheels

Navigon should really make the payment process work on Macs.

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a shot.

- Is there a voucher that I'll need to use to get the discount, or does that happen automatically?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
in the maps and more box, there is an instruction sheet with the code FRESHMAPS80 just enter it when buying. you need to connect the maps and more to the car prior to this so it sorts out the VW software first

I reckon all the M&M units are the same and when you initialise it on your car (VW, SEAT or SKODA) it then knows which splash screen etc to use, ie it says 'Welcome to Volkswagen'

·
Registered
77 Posts
I didn't have any payment issues when I used my iMac to download the Navigon stuff...

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's not the downloading that's the problem. It's trying to pay for some of the items that just doesn't work, such as the discounted updates to the Euro44 Maps using the voucher code.

Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Collas said:
It's not the downloading that's the problem. It's trying to pay for some of the items that just doesn't work, such as the discounted updates to the Euro44 Maps using the voucher code.

Nick
Sorry - that's what I meant. I paid using my Mac too.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
it does accept payment if you are running snow leopard....lion and mountain lion don't work!

·
Registered
727 Posts
balloonhorsens said:
I'm driving from Aarhus (Denmark) to Berlin and back in a few days time, so I'd like to make sure I have the newest update installed (up-to-date maps) AND I'd like to take advantage of the 80% discount.

Can anyone explain to me how I go about doing this? (on a Mac).
Read my thread on this very subject(presently 8 pages of posts)and the work arounds available.

<h1 style="text-align: left; ">Unable to pay for Maps via NAVIGON Fresh app</h1>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your help, guys!
Just registered my M&M using Navigon FRESH on my Mac.

It turns out that here in Denmark it's possible to simply transfer the money to Navigon (instead of paying with VISA). So, I just made the transfer (the "Vorkasse" option that's also mentioned elsewhere in this thread).

Hopefully, in a few days, I'll receive some kind of confirmation notice from Navigon that they have received the money. Then I imagine it will be possible to download the update. Fingers crossed.

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts