Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M&M won't turn off and the only thing that now works is the SatNav. Anyone else had this issue? And more importantly, did you resolve it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a problem where it wouldn't turn off, wouldn't keep a bluetooth connection - all sorts of weird behaviour. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the M+M unit after doing a diagnostic to make sure it wasn't anything else. All good now!

·
Registered
296 Posts
grrrr - things technical. I had to do a complete software download from Navigon before I could even register it with them. But worked perfectly since then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seem to have a similar problem.
The phone doesn't ring through the car but still connects. Try to dial out using voice dial and nothing happens, but you can select recent calls and that works.
When you take the key out you get the 30 seconds count down, but then it turns back on and won't turn off.
Luckily the car's in for a service this week so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
After the thirty second countdown the unit goes into standby mode. I also have found that it will occasionally switch back on of its own accord. My solution is during the thirty second countdown press the off button and you get four seconds to confirm that you want the unit to switch off. If you confirm it switches off rather than going into standby mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Beevee. The off buttons (neither the one on the touch screen or the one on the top of the unit) were doing anything. Today it will turn off, but now it will not show the radio. When you press media the radio, CD etc buttons are greyed out and do nothing. The parking sensor display doesn't show when you select reverse. The sat nav seems to work but does not give directions.
Maybe it needs a reboot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My first unit was faulty and was changed by the dealer. I think either your holder is not correctly located and needs to be firmly pushed in or you have a faulty unit which needs to be changed. Either way your dealer should attend to it under the warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just went to see if a reset would solve the problem. Before I could do anything, when I first turned it on the VW logo stayed on the screen. In the top left hand corner there was some text (looked like firmware details). After a few minutes the normal display came on and everything is working OK again. Very strange!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's what the screen shows during a cold boot (i.e. after you "switch off" rather than "standby"). Sounds like that's all it needed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts