Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to make a fool of myself here but, what kind of sd card do I need and how on earth do I get the music on there?Cheers in advance
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
You need a microSD anything upto 32gb.
I the adapter you get with it plugged it into my pc/laptop and transfer mp3 song files over.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can I check if it has to be mp3 or can it be AAC (i.e. iTunes format)? Using an SD card (I have several of the things kicking around for some reason) would actually be pretty handy rather than connecting the iPhone every time, especially for thes chool run with the kids where there is enough else to think about.
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Zigster said:
Can I check if it has to be mp3 or can it be AAC (i.e. iTunes format)? Using an SD card (I have several of the things kicking around for some reason) would actually be pretty handy rather than connecting the iPhone every time, especially for thes chool run with the kids where there is enough else to think about.
Thanks
Either format will work (I've tried both)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't forget it's a microSD card.

I use flac files on mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cheers. Got some micro SD cards (with those full-size adaptors as wel) so will load one up with some stuff from iTunes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let us know how it works for you, and what you think of the audio quality. Also, I'm interested to hear if album art is displayed correctly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 32GB and all my music is in mp4 (AAC), the quality is superb!!
So much better than the radio..

·
Registered
70 Posts
well I must be a real numpty.I've tried so many times now it's getting annoying.
I converted all my music to mp3 format from apple format yesterday and manually copied them across.
I can get the music on there -put 20gb+ yesterday onto my 32gb microsd and slotted it in and was playing music straight off the navigon unit out of the car.

Tried it this morning in the car and it can't find most of the stuff? eh!?
It's definitely still there (just checked on PC adaptor) all music is split by artist>album>tracks and artist being in the root directory of the sd card.

would appreciate any pointers here.

Some of the tracks seem to be corrupted though (they were before I tried it in the car) where the wrong title comes up for another song.

Also I don't have any album art which I'd quite like.

Any chance of a complete idiot guide here?
from start to finish?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Timbo58I had problems with album artwork but I found a free download that checks tags and will search for artwork.
Just download from www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
and install, then open file menu with the m+m attached to pc, browse for the navigon drive with your music, open the album that you want via the change directory option, select all files from the file menu and look for the album artwork..... it searches Amazon and Amazon.de plus another few sites,, by trial and error found that some album artwork is too big and doesn't show in Navigon and I think that some may be too small... best size was 500 x 500 save the tags and it should work. then change direcrory in the file menu for the next album.
This worked for me and sorted my problems.
Good luck + happy Christmas!!!!!

******download from the link to mp3tagv254setup.exe not the bar at the top or at the sideof their page!

Edited by: JY1

·
Registered
44 Posts
That may not be you, it may be the gear. I had a load of mp3 albums I downloaded off Amazon which I put onto a 16 gb card which worked well for a month and now I get an error message that it cannot find the files on the card! I put another card in and it worked ok.

I have yet to put the duff card back into my pc and check the file structure as I keep forgetting to do so, but that is clearly a problem with the kit of some sort - either the M+M unit or the card itself.

Incidentally, you do not have to convert from Apple format to mp3. The M+M unit plays AAC format (which is the Apple one) as well as it plays mp3.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi

Just a litte Question how do i remove the SD From THE MM ? I try to push in but i t dont work for me!

any help is apprechatet !

thanks greetz from Switzerland

Jarre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts