Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then we went out for some scenic pics!

Can anyone tell me where the view is? in my opinion one of finest in the UK.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK....

So My initial thoughts on the up!

Build quality is 100% VW in every detail with quality in both the look & feel of just about everything really!
The engine springs to life with probably a little more noise than the Lupo it replaces but on tick over the interior is once again quiet.
The engine revs freely and pulls away with no effert or excesive revs required. At normal road speed i.e. upto & at 30mph the car is very quiet with little or no road noise. Leaveing the 30mph restrictions and heading into the back roads from Colne to Skipton the up! is an absolute delight. It accelerates very well from 25 upto 50 and why anyone would think this car unable to overtake is beyond me!. Cornering is great with little or no body roll and the car flows round the bends like a go kart on a track! granted it does not smooth out the bumps like a larger car might but thats not what the up is built to do!.

After a round trip includeing several types of road I would have no hesitation about setting off to visit friends in Spain, so looks like a ferry crossing will be booked for the back end of the year!

If you are reading this before you get your up!

well....

just ......

its worth the wait!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That is one gorgeous car, the interior is fantastic. Mind you, the seats are so light I'd be scared they'd get grubby every time I sat down.

**** those wheels too, I'm now starting to want alloys again

And the view, fabulous! Don't know where it is but if it's one of the finest in the UK it has to be looking out over the Yorkshire Dales

·
Registered
525 Posts
My location guess is Mallerstang edge. Somewhere on the edge of the Pennines anyhow. Great pics and nice review, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Looks fantastic....enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Better change your sig, that's one of those 'red' dash models I've been hearing about :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clowesa said:
That is one gorgeous car, the interior is fantastic. Mind you, the seats are so light I'd be scared they'd get grubby every time I sat down.

And the view, fabulous! Don't know where it is but if it's one of the finest in the UK it has to be looking out over the Yorkshire Dales
How very dare you.
...... to a Lancashire lad.......

But yeh! it is JUST!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lovely photos.. Has the black dash grown more on you now?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you know.....it has!

It sort of fits...with the gloss black bits in the steering wheel!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
M5 SUT said:
Do you know.....it has!

It sort of fits...with the gloss black bits in the steering wheel!
I agree, I would not change mine for anything now. I like tha way it sparkles in the sun.

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
clowesa said:

How very dare you.
...... to a Lancashire lad.......

But yeh! it is JUST!

Haha!! Couldn't help myself. After all, I AM from God's own County

·
Registered
142 Posts
Car looks great, can't wait to get my tornado red high up
(this week is its build week), but if it is not to the specification I ordered
I will be devastated and it will be rejected.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Ah, the views of the Yorkshire Dales (even from
Lancashire
), lovely

1 - 20 of 27 Posts