Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my VW dealer today and he advised that all the pre wiring and connection port for the Maps and More system is fitted to every up! and that the retail price to purchase after will only be £270. This is the same as ordering with the car...

I'm trying to keep the costs low on my up! and I'm not keen on paying interest on that figure so I've not ordered this with the vehicle, but I know I'll want to upgrade to this at a later date so I'm hoping the dealer is right... Does anyone else have any info on this? And can anyone validate what the dealer said as factually accurate or nonsense!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I can tell you I have seen an UP! WITHOUT any sort of cap or plug in the top of the dash were the M&M should go! and was told by our salesman that it was a basic model without M&M.

I'm guessing it is not available as a retro fit item! although some cars may have been built with the capability and not sold with a head unit!

If in doubt get them to put a note on the order form that you want this capability to be a feature for addition at a later date!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a help, but guessing you ordered the maps and more??

Would be great to hear from anyone who hasn't ordered the maps to verify what you get. I thought the maps was a simple dealer fit accessory, but guessing I could be wrong...!

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think it's the take-up that won't have the hole in the dash. It's the only model that has that dash finish, and I don't think it can be configured. I bet the rest of the range has the hole.

Comments from any take up owners?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a look on the VW website and maps and more can be added to the take up, which is why I though to keep costs down all ups! would have the same dash and wiring etc...

If a none maps and more owner could advise - shout!! As I'll order the maps upfront if there is a risk it can never be added...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I too was wondering about getting the M&M at a later date in my take up and true, it doesn't look as if the panel will come off at all. Having said that, I'm not bothered about the maps bit but I would like to know how much fuel I've got left/how many miles left in the tank etc. I too didn't want to lay out any more at the beginning. However, if the wiring is there, then I'm sure something can be done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
upupandaway said:
That is a help, but guessing you ordered the maps and more??

Would be great to hear from anyone who hasn't ordered the maps to verify what you get. I thought the maps was a simple dealer fit accessory, but guessing I could be wrong...!

Can anyone help?
M&m is standard in a high up!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I was looking at Move Ups I could tell if the car came with Maps + More based on whether there was a cap on the centre of the dash to cover the connection to the car. Cars without the Maps + More would have nothing in the centre at all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tomodo said:
When I was looking at Move Ups I could tell if the car came with Maps + More based on whether there was a cap on the centre of the dash to cover the connection to the car. Cars without the Maps + More would have nothing in the centre at all.
So does that mean you have seen the same model with & without the cap?

If there is no cap maybe there is a cutout available on the underside of the dash! If this is the case it would cost a lot more than the order price due to the amount of work involved and labour charges!
Edited by: M5 SUT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to call VW UK to make sure I get the right answer on this, before it is too late. Thank you for your help everyone :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
M5 SUT said:
So does that mean you have seen the same model with & without the cap?

Yes I've seen Move Ups with and without the Maps + More. The dealers would often take out the Maps + More in the showroom so the 'cap or no cap' would tell me straight away if the car came with it. I can't remember if I saw any Take Ups with Maps + More but the same applies to them. High Ups have Maps + More as standard so no problem there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've spoken to VW customer service this morning and they have confirmed that it is not possible to retrofit maps and more, therefore I think it would be mad not to order this. There goes another £275!!

Shame the dealer didn't get this right first time, but I think it must have an honest mistake as with a feature like this they could have piled on lots of now or never like pressure which didn't go with.

I hope it's worth all the hype.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bugger.
I was hoping I could add it on at a later date as well, but seeing as mine was already built and just waiting atthe factory I don't thinkI could have added it anyway.

Looks like I'll have to use an old-school bit of paper with squiggles and numbers on it :p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Maps and More, but it will be a nuisance to plug in and remove again on my 7 mile trip to work and back..
I expect that when the novelty wears off, I will just leave it at home most of the time and just get it out for special trips..

Part of me regrets ordering the high up, as I still believe the take up would have been best fit for my needs. (its just those shiny options and packs that got the better of me.. lol)

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have a High up! so the maps+more was standard. The dealers dont have much clue about the add ons (they blame lack of training). Based on my experience I'd say maps +more is a must have, the satnav works well has postcode search and I can drive just with the maps up and the system will warn me about exceeding the speed limit!!! The car info section is better than the multi function computer on my golf as you can see all the consumption and speed info at once. The bluetooth phone connections worked very easily and the voice command seems to understand what I say. As for the taking in and out, better to do than risk a broken window but I stash it in the lower part of the boot so cannot be seen, but I do want the bag!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rednaxela said:
I'm looking forward to the Maps and More, but it will be a nuisance to plug in and remove again on my 7 mile trip to work and back..
I expect that when the novelty wears off, I will just leave it at home most of the time and just get it out for special trips..

It's very easy to remove - just a push button on the top. You can take just the device off or the whole mount. It weighs barely anything and is only slightly bigger than my phone so just slips in a pocket when I get out of the car. When back in the car you just push it back in. Not a nuisance at all, just something to get used to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts