Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,Could someone please help! I only have access to Macs. Managed to download Navigon app without any trouble but when I tried to register my device keep geeting the message that app cannot connect to server despite the fact that I am on line and can connect to everything else. Same message when I tried to subscribe to the 2 year maps update. I note there is a mention of this issue in the forum. Has anyone succeeded in connecting through Macs and if so would value your advice!

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've managed to download the app and will so far does connects to servet. Not going to hve time tonght to test the rest. Will keep you posted.i

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,Another problem! I've downlaoded the beta version which seems to work but I'm unalble ot find out how to register my device! On the Navigon website it rewuests registering through Freshshop but the app does not have a fcility to register my device. I cannot buy or upgrade maps etc until the device is registered. Please help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you not just go to the VW dealer and ask to use their computer to register and download whatever?

·
Registered
727 Posts
1upman said:
I only have access to Macs. Managed to download Navigon app without any trouble but when I tried to register my device keep geeting the message that app cannot connect to server despite the fact that I am on line and can connect to everything else. Same message when I tried to subscribe to the 2 year maps update. I note there is a mention of this issue in the forum. Has anyone succeeded in connecting through Macs and if so would value your advice!
Navigon Fresh (the update app) will ONLY work on Macs up to OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)..!! If you have OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion) you're flat out of luck, all you'll ever get is that annoying can't connect to server message.

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/unable-to-pay-for-maps-via-navigon-fresh-app_topic790_post9147.html

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/unable-to-pay-for-maps-via-navigon-fresh-app_topic790_post17174.html#17174

·
Registered
18 Posts
Navigon Fresh (the update app) will work on my iMacrunning OSX 10.8.6and registers my Navigon as VW maps + more. Not keen on using it to update though.<div style="text-align: left;">Navigon.com is a terrible site to navigate! Although my VW Up! M+M is a '70 premium' device (sticker on the base) it does not allow me to download their new 'Flow' software - although it does take the money!
<div style="text-align: left;">I am trying to get it back...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Running OS 10.8 and have been unable even to create a Fresh account. I had to work my way through all sorts of scary warnings even to open Fresh as it had been downloaded from the internet and not the App Store...

I have decided not to waste any more time on this and will not bother registering or updating the unit. If I find the maps are hopelessly outdated a few years down the line I will just buy a new unit (ideally not manufactured by Garmin!). Hopefully by then they will have sorted out these issues.

Not the best solution, but certainly the least stressful...

eta Navigon Fresh has been moved to "Trash"!
Edited by: Up!_to_Mii

·
Registered
727 Posts
Up!_to_Mii said:
I have decided not to waste any more time on this and will not bother registering or updating the unit. If I find the maps are hopelessly outdated a few years down the line I will just buy a new unit (ideally not manufactured by Garmin!). Hopefully by then they will have sorted out these issues.

Not the best solution, but certainly the least stressful...
Good luck with that..

[TUBE]ckAwT9AkRgE[/TUBE]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good to know its not my MBA causing the problem. I have downloaded the other app and at least I can now log in. Is the fresh app any better on windows?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Currently version of navigon fresh (3.4.1) has the connection issue which is only a software issue.
I'm running the 3.4.6 BETA which resolves this issue

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK I've downloaded Navigon 3.4.6 and have at least been able to register my device, but I still get the error message when trying to pay for the two years maps update.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I haven't needed to pay for anything recently so I can't say if the problem is still there, but I suspect it will be as Navigon are incredibly slow to get fixes in place.I had to use Bootcamp to pay for my updates.

Nick

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just had this reply from Navigon regarding the credit card issue

Thank you for youre-mail.If you have a Mac computer it can be sometimes difficult to make purchases via credit card. If this is the case we recommend that you choose the prepayment option instead when making purchases.Please do nothesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.Even if I was able to pay for the updates I don't hold too much confidence that Fresh will update my unit without messing it up. I think I will stick with the current set up (they aren't building too many new roads round my way anyway). If it becomes hopelessly outdated in a few years time, there will hopefully be a new updated unit available.A shame, as the Fresh issues aside the Portable System is very slick and useful device.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts