Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my new High Up! Unlike most on here I walked into a dealership last Thursday who had 2 showroom Up's - a high up and a take up. I bought the high up and collected it 2 days ago. I love it! Just a quick query for anyone else who has a maps and more system. While driving around, I sometimes get 'beware' said to me from my maps and more unit. It cuts in over my music. I can't work out what is triggering it or what it is asking me to beware of!! Anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
553 Posts
How annoying!!

Firstly that you've got your High UP! and for the beware thing......how strange......

·
Registered
243 Posts
It used to happen on a demonstater i borrowed but not so far on our own car.The dealer could not repeat the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
could it be a speed camera warning? maybe purposfully go past one see if it happens?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just been playing around with the unit. It seems it was set to alert me when I was a certain number of mph above the speed limit....
have turned that option off and we'll see if that does it. Not 100% sure that's it though cos I'm fairly sure it activated when I was below speed limits but we'll see.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a speed limit warning - the Maps + More will alert you if you go over the speed limit, even when you're not being navigated.

There is of course an option to mute or turn it off as well an option to be warned when 5, 10 or 20mph over the limit.

It can be annoying sometimes where the speed limit has been updated. I live near a new bit of dual carriageway but the Maps + More thinks the 40mph limit that was there during the roadworks still applies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there.. My first day with my move up was today.. I made almost 30km, I noticed the same thing every time I was approaching a "tricky" turn or cross road.. I agry its annoying but I am also sure that its an option which could be changed..

Will see...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts