Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparantly UK dealers now have to wait till the car is physically with them before they can order the M&M for it...Not a problem as most dealers have a few days to PDI the car etc.

Just make sure you remind them to order it

Once again my dealer has surpassed expectation, car arrived late wednesday, PDI/Valet thursday and I collected that night, M&M ordered late wed, arriving tomorrow (sat) for collection....seems VW DO deliver parts on a saturday!

·
Registered
73 Posts
That seems a very strange situation for me... When I collected mine (in Poland) the M&M was there at the same time so no delay at all...

Are VW UK having problems getting hold of them??

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's really weird because mine was ready and waiting for me when I picked the car up. VW in Leeds said they keep a couple of spares anyway, just so no-one has to wait.

Unless of course there's been a change in the last few weeks especially if, as someone on here said, some of them have gone walkabout. Makes sense I suppose, as long as the wait isn't more than a few days.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Both of the ups I bought had the maps and more with them when I picked up the cars... Not sure why you would have to wait... Strike me a little of not thinking ahead for delivery.

If stuff is going walkabout surely that's a problem for the dealer?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I hope mine arrives with the car!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ours was ready when we picked the car up today.

·
Registered
705 Posts
And it was the same for me when I collected my car last Tuesday. I was surprised that it was there as I was expecting to have to wait.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking up mine this morning. All's well that ends well!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I wonder if they are sent via VW UK after delivery to ensure they have the latest software/firmware that is for the correct country??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes but it should still arrive at the same time or just after car delivery though... It's only a little box and can be 'next dayed' I'm sure. Just strikes me as lax practice by dealership to be fair.

If they can arrange to get a car from the docks to the dealer, the m&m should present a very small logistical task don't you you think?Edited by: Markmod1

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ITs not a logisitcal thing or an updating thing, we talked about this a few months back on the forum.

Unfortunatly when the first few cars got sent to the UK they came with their m+ms, however some theiving *****'s had stolen some of them on transit. Therefore, VW UK now insist that the m+ms goto dealers seperately from the car itself and that the dealers only order it around when the car will arrive with them.

Mine unfortuntly arrived the day after I collected my car, but luckily I was driving past the dealers two days later anyway.

I think alot of dealers like to make sure the m+m is there for you before they arrange the collection.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Let's hope so!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes as I said a good dealer orders the m and m to be available when the car is collected. Remember they have some time between delivery of the car, the PID and collection of the car by the customer.

Some people have been quoted two week later for their m and m.... Where's it coming from? The moon?
Edited by: Markmod1

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vw have next day parts delivery, when I got my car, they showed me the order they put into the system for the m&m. It was just too late to catch the Friday delivery and I have it now, if the dealer had done a 3 day PDI and prep , it would have been in the car at collection.

A quote of 2 weeks must be from Hans Christian Anderson, the VW dealer!Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
705 Posts
My m&m needed a software upgrade to install the 2012 Q2 Euro 44 maps. Took about three hours from my MacBook using Fresh.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My dealer said 'I took a chance and ordered it', therefore it was with them when the car arrived. That said, they had plenty of time to get it there considering it took 5 days to get the car to me!!!! So I can't quite agree that 'good' dealers get it there on time, some poor ones do too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts