Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having collected our up today I have noticed that the driving range on the maps and more only reads 100 miles even with half a tank of fuel left. Is this as high as it goes? Or should it read more?

Searched on here and can't find any info, please help.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is not right I have seen on ours 380 miles before! see what it sayes when you fill up,or could be you are driving like you stole it ! So not get that many miles out of a tank full.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Paul, I think everything is fine.We collected our Up on Monday with a full tank and it said 230 miles range. Only 35 litre tank so half full would be about 100 miles.
Go well.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm currently on 410 with about 30 miles driven. It adapts to how you drive and how much fuel is left, giving an estimate of how many miles ypu can travel on your remaining fuel, based on your driving style.
Also remember that a half tank, as per fuel gauge, isn't in fact a half tank at all given the way the sensor works, it's actually closer to a quarter tank.
So 100 miles is probably bob on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think you are spot on Dave.I did 60 miles after collecting our Up and was gently playing with gears and throttle....just to get a feel of things.Average mpg increased all the way though that first drive. We have now done 76 miles and the fuel gauge is still hard on the full mark.
Go well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi i just picked my High UP! in white 5dr Bluemotion. Came with half tank of fuel. The fuel light came on about 120 miles, which should leave approx 4 litres. I filled it UP and it took about 32litres. Apparently the first half of fuel moves very slow and the remaininghalf much quicker. My OBC said about 350 miles, which changes as your driving style changes,
happy motoring.............

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a VW Move Up! for 12 months. The M&M has worked fine until now, and regularly shows in excess of 400 miles on a full tank. I have averaged over 60 mpg since new. 1 day after the first service I noticed that the Driving range was showing as 60 miles even though there is at least 2 gallons in the tank. This is most unusual. I thought it may be based on the engine running or being revved when the car was stationary as part of the service / tests, but this should be reset after 2 hours.
Has anyone else experienced this specific problem?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
How can it reset without statistics to work on? You will have to drive awhile for it to recalibrate. I don't think there is any problem as you put it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought the Driving Range was reset / recalculated when the engine was restarted after being off for 2 hours or more. I've been driving for a week now and still no improvement despite the average consumption showing 50+. I wondered if the "poor" range reading is a result of them running the engine for a long time whilst stationary during the service. I will fill up for a round trip of 200 miles at the weekend and hope that the driving range returns to a more normal reading. Failing that, it will be another visit to VW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Following the first service, the fuel tank was 1/3rd full (10 litres) with only 60 miles Driving Range. I filled the tank and it showed range as 330 miles. After a gentle run of 100 miles and averaging 69 mpg, the range had increased to 470.

My conclusion is that during the service the garage must have let the engine run for a considerable time, or kept the engine revs high so that the fuel consumption registered an all time low. Even after 20-30 miles this did not show an appreciable improvement, but the longer run has done the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts