Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

When listening to music either through Bluetooth or a SD card, when the maps and more gives a command its really loud for 2 seconds, it then quiets down to the volume ive set. Its like the volume is turned up for the music then take a couple second the readjust.

Its so loud it makes me jump and becomes really annoying, is there a way to cut out that delay? Or has anyones eles experienced this? Only solution ive got is not listening to music very loudly on the motorway.

many thanks!

Nath

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Have only adjusted the volumes of CD/Radio to Navi so far ...

It took me some rounds in an industrial area (with no traffic - always driving wrong) to find out how it works. Turn up or down the volume of the "Navi Lady" while she speaks.

But your problem is with music via M&M?
There might be a delay in the loudness changing ...
Had no problems with radio and CD ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its it via the m&m, think it must be the delay, if i could some how add a couple seconds into the voice recording it might help but im not so experienced with messing around with software, i wondered if i was just being silly and missing something.

thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I get the same with my maps and more. Only happens when using the SD or via the bluetooth connection. if i use radio or CD the sat nav voice comes through normally. Not matter how much i adjust the sound or the sat nav sound. Hope a software update will cure it.. still waiting for the next update LOL.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I had M&M SD card on this noon and the navi at the same time.

Volume of navi and music could be set via radio - each the loudness I wanted.
I did not have any delays ?

The navi had the volume as alyways and the SD card the same volume as the CD player.

You push the "Media" button of the radio and then chose "nav", then select the SD card at the M&M and listen to the music?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How fast were you going?

I find it only occurs when the SD card.vol is higher than half to combat road noise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have not noticed if this only occurs at higher speeds, but i will keep an ear out for this and look at what speed i was doing at the time. maybe this is the key factor...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
This is alterable using the GAL function on the radio...it sets the volume offset increase dependent on carspeed ....look in the radio settings menu

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Right, Privatdoc!

The radio manual (volume settings of nav, aux etc.) is important - not the M&M manual.
The radio can be adjusted in many ways ...

I thought I was lucky having the Citigo radio description as pdf file on my computer. But the VW up! radio works different! Don't know if there is an updated Citigo description or if the two radios really work different?

You should have a printed radio manual. Use this manual to study the possibilities ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts