Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my M&M yesterday (slow process, it must be said!) and refitted the Unit to the car.

Whether this has anything to do with my problem I don't know. But at the end of a long journey, I wanted to reset the mpg average to start again. But each time I touched the reset screen button, I got a message to say I could only reset by using the steering column controls.

Now I know some columns have extra little buttons on the stalks for various things, but mine isn't one of them! Do you think the M&M thinks I have a different model?

Any suggestions?
Edited by: snes

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank, you may be right, although the message does clearly say "Steering column". Next time I fill up, I'll give it a try.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Maps and more resets itself approximately two hours after stopping. Presumably this is to allow those on a long journey to take comfort breaks. The long term statistics are reset after a couple of thousand miles. I think if you want to force a reset you need to have the inboard computer controls on the steering column stick. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
252 Posts
On our M&M, the short term trip comp only resets if the car is left off for around 2 hours.

Re the long term trip comp, as Frankjetta says, press the button in the speedo for 4 or more seconds. We do not have the sensor pack so don't have the steering column stick. A short press of the button in the speedo, resets the trip meter, a tap of the button cycles from odometer to trip meter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's a button on the underside of the right stalk ""“ if you run your thumb along, you'll feel it. Hold it for a few seconds, and voila!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I thought the button you refer to was part of the inboard computer controls. So without the inboard computer there is no button.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Beevee said:
I thought the button you refer to was part of the inboard computer controls. So without the inboard computer there is no button.
You're quite right ""“ apologies!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Apology not necessary. It's a steep learning curve for all of us and every input is worthwhile. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2/3 - I was looking for that button, only because I remember seeing it in the manual. Eventually, I realised it was probably option specific.

This is where I find it unhelpful when noobs post questions on forums like this, and the first reply, although well intentioned, can sometimes be a suggestion to look in the manual.

The first thing I did when I got home was to read the manual from cover to cover. But firstly that was a lot of info to take in, but more importantly, as evidenced above, it contains lots of info that doesn't apply to my model/options. And it is far from clear which is which in the manual. eg often it will say "certain models in certain territories only" or similar.

Not having a dig at anyone here (have found this thread very helpful) but just making a fairly general statement. Am I wide of the mark?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
topic moved to M&M section....carry on folks :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Rick. Glad you found the thread helpful. Has it solved your original question?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think you can not reset the the mpg yourself ...

As already stated, 2 hours for "short term" and 1999 hours for "long term" ...

I think even putting M&M off (not only standby) wouldn't help because the info is not "within the M&M" but only sent via the up! car computer unit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure, before the update, I could reset the mpg. But being so new to the car, I may be mistaken.

I do find it odd though that I can't reset mpg to zero at each fill up.

That means effectively that my mpg figure is from new.

Would a factory reset help - maybe M&M thinks I have a slightly different up! model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts