Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one thinking of purchasing this pack at £25
pounds a year. Just be advised that there is no audible warning on the safety
camera pack only visual ie on the screen.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Had a email back from Navigon to confirm this

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail In order to hear audio warnings of speedcams, there must be active navigaton (moving from A -> B). If the map view is from up, the warnings are not audiable. Not happy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes tomtom live does seem to be a better system both for cameras & traffic,but then you pay for traffic & not cameras.On m&m you pay for cameras & not traffic.So i suppose you take you choice but we still use our tomtom in the up for navigation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another email from Navigon
Thank you for your e-mail.
I must apologize for not explaining the Safety camera feature details. You must have misunderstood what I was trying to tell you.
If you want to hear speedcams warnings, you must make sure the device is in navigation mode. This means that there must be destination selected and sat. nav is guiding you to the destination.
Also, if the map view is in preview mode (birds point of view) then there are no audio warnings. Change the view so, that the map is seen from car drivers eyes.

I try this again but certain all ready had maps set in destination mode

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ref. your latest info from Navigon,I did not realise you had to select a destination, I qite often run with no destination& pick up warnings (chimes)as i near a camera even with system muted on tomtom.So i do feel the M&Mis alittle week in this area especially as you pay £25a year for it.All this said i find the rest of the M&M system brilliant i just wish it was thief proof.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
philmar, what do you mean by theif proof?

·
Registered
241 Posts
My concern is it is very much on show & very much a target for your local uk yob.It means you have to hide it well or take it with you which is not always possible or you forget it.Then the holder is left on show which is a dead give away like the suction ring on a sat nav.so you have to hide that also.These are city cars parked out in the street at night in a lot of cases not to mention supermarket car parks by day.It would be so much betterif it were built into the dash in someway, not easy & not as flexible to use but safer.The fact that some yob cant use them fully without an up does not stop thembeing stolen sad to say.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree philmar - they should have built it in the dash. I have had my car for a week now and at least twice a day I put in the M&M then take out, put the holder in the glove compartment and carry around the M&M in a make shift case. I didnt even bother tonight.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Don't think that will bother me too much. I'm well used to removing and hiding my satnav every time I stop.

·
Registered
160 Posts
At least I will have an official Up case to carry it inby next week thanks to Paul!!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah, i never leave my satnav in the car anyway, and i also have an expensive radio in my current car too which i never leave the front in... so im more than used to taking out with me.

also i guess its easier for me being a girl, i always have a big bag with me to carry it, unless on a night out, in which case i will just use radio/cd!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts