Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New Up owner in Australia. (Well 2nd hand)
So far loving the little thing, so much more fun to drive than I had imagined. Weirdly I’ve downsized from a Golf GTI and frankly enjoy driving this thing more.

Only issue - did some searching but couldn’t find anything similar, has anyone had an issue with the touchscreen not responding properly? The screen lights up ok, but when you touch one spot but it doesn’t respond, or sometimes thinks you’ve touched somewhere else so it’s basically unusable. Have tried resetting with a pin but no luck.

Tim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum! Touchscreen technology keeps improving, but it still tends to fail in one of two ways:
  • the software calibration is lost/confused/broken, so it registers you touching the screen but doesn't know where that point is on the screen
  • part of the physical circuitry on the surface of the screen fails, so it doesn't know you're touching the screen at all, or makes a brief connection which is misunderstood as somewhere else on the screen
Resetting the device should have restored any calibration files, so if you're still having issues it's probably the surface of the screen. It's worth giving it a gentle clean with a microfibre cloth and lens cleaner for glasses or screen wipes to remove whatever dust/muck/fingerprints have built up over time, and see if that restores any functionality. Otherwise, you can replace the touchscreen (have a look on YouTube for Garmin touchscreen replacements; I'm trying to establish what model of Garmin is the physical equivalent, but you can see the dimensions in the Technical Data section of the Garmin site), purchase a new head unit (try eBay), or use your own GPS device instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts