Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could put me out of my misery, as i've been trying to work out what "TP" is? It's an option on maps and more, and it's also on the controls of the car too.

I figured it was for traffic updates?

Thanks

Mat

·
Registered
10 Posts
TP is for traffic announcements- if a local radio station is broadcasting the traffics news it will automatically change frequencies temporarily. Its been around for a while since RDS radios.

·
Registered
361 Posts
<dt style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.1em; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;">Straight from wiki...</dt><dt style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.1em; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;">TA, TP (traffic announcement, traffic programme)</dt><dd style="line-height: 19.1875px; margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">The receiver can often be set to pay special attention to this flag and, for example, stop the tape/pause the CD or retune to receive a traffic bulletin. The TP flag is used to allow the user to find only those stations that regularly broadcast traffic bulletins whereas the TA flag is used to signal an actual traffic bulletin in progress, with radio units perhaps performing other actions such as stopping a cassette tape (so the radio can be heard) or raising the volume during the traffic bulletin.</dd><dd style="line-height: 19.1875px; margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
</dd><dd style="line-height: 19.1875px; margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">-eelis-</dd>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts