Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if everyone else’s Bluetooth on maps and more is shocking?

I have 63 plate up with Garmin satnav and it’s rubbish. Drops out all the time and randomly connects..

Is this a common fault or are they just poor quality? If I had it from new I wouldn’t be happy?

Anyone else’s the same and or is there a solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, mine is the same can be very intermittent at times and works perfectly others, more of a PITA than just using the aux cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can’t believe they’d come out of the factory like that?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have to say, on our first 2 High Up's, the Garmin Maps & More Satnav's were faultless in the 2 x 3 years we had them both. Felt cheated when VW dropped them and went to the silly phone holder in our later cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to say, on our first 2 High Up's, the Garmin Maps & More Satnav's were faultless in the 2 x 3 years we had them both. Felt cheated when VW dropped them and went to the silly phone holder in our later cars.
That’s what I can’t get. All my Vw have been great. We bought this as a runabout and it’s just unreliable as a Bluetooth connection. Maybe needs an update?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know about Maps and More, but the Skoda-branded version is call Move & Fun for my 2019 Citigo, I assume it is the app same apart from the skin.... I had a few problems with the old version, but it was upgraded recently and it now works really well. I have a basic 6-year old Motorola phone running Android 7 (old as the hills in modern terms), and the bluetooth is spot on, phone and navigation works well, and all the extra "gauges" are fine. The steering wheel controls work fine. Sadly, I hate small phone screens as I don't have bi-focals and don't want to peer at the thing, so I use my old-ish 7" sat nav attached by sucker to the windscreen instead. Which I can see out of the corner of my eye, and it works well. I really don't use the built-in dashboard mount (it has a little plastic cover on it), but my phone integrates fine from my fleece, which is usually left on the back seat.....

Check you have the latest version of the M&M app on your phone. Sell the Navigon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about Maps and More, but the Skoda-branded version is call Move & Fun for my 2019 Citigo, I assume it is the app same apart from the skin.... I had a few problems with the old version, but it was upgraded recently and it now works really well. I have a basic 6-year old Motorola phone running Android 7 (old as the hills in modern terms), and the bluetooth is spot on, phone and navigation works well, and all the extra "gauges" are fine. The steering wheel controls work fine. Sadly, I hate small phone screens as I don't have bi-focals and don't want to peer at the thing, so I use my old-ish 7" sat nav attached by sucker to the windscreen instead. Which I can see out of the corner of my eye, and it works well. I really don't use the built-in dashboard mount (it has a little plastic cover on it), but my phone integrates fine from my fleece, which is usually left on the back seat.....

Check you have the latest version of the M&M app on your phone. Sell the Navigon!
I can get maps and more on my phone?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes. I have tried both the apps. Have look on Play Store. The part I don't know is which car radios the app works with, but M&F works with mine - this may not be the case with pre-facelift cars or radios.

The only semi-useful thing it gives you is water temp and fuel consumption data; the navigation & maps you can already get on phones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts