Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post (other then a quick one saying hello!)
My question is a simple one.....Maps and More - is it worth the £290?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
again...bargain of the year.....get it, its a difficult £550 retrofit, also go for the sound pack....not much else needed.(except full size spare)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant news - already have placed order for sound pack so guess a phone call to the dealer to get it added is in order.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The dealer does move a bit on certain things, I found not directly on the car price, but definitely on extras e.g I went away to think about the deal, came back and said I would like the sunroof adding please but at £150 less, then I will sign. Be bold. I got more on my trade in and reduced GAP which was still way to expensive

·
Registered
366 Posts
StormTrooper said:
Did anyone manage to get a cheeky discount on their UP! - worth an ask me thinks!

We got the black gloss wheels upgrade worth £100 FOC on our High up! - and that was it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Maps and More is an absolute must in my opinion. It's a fantastic piece of kit!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Stormtrooper - It's personal preference of course. I got one but frankly I don't think it's worth it. I've never been a fan of satnav and don't see much value in the other functions. I'm 'older generation' though and like maps, have a good sense of geography and direction and generally don't like gadgets for their own sake. I know from my children that the 'younger generation' has a quite different perspective. 'Horses for courses' then? Edited by: Royal Windsor

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I rarely use the sat nav and hubby and I always swore we would never buy one, they were for numpties who couldn't read a map! But I was the one who had to read the map whilst he was driving and my sense of direction is pants and if you don't know what direction you're going in in the first place, a map isn't much good. After a few long journeys and arguments we gave in and bought a sat nav!

Like I said, the sat nav facility is rarely used as we don't do that many long journeys. I like the M&M for the other facilities, music and car info.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The satnav is a useful tool, but I always feel at the end of the journey that I haven't got a clue how I got there. I think it's because I have it set to always point in the direction of travel, rather than following the compass. I did try the latter but had to give up as it was so difficult to figure out whether I should be going left or right when I was travelling anything other than due north.

It's only after studying the map, that I can see what I've failed to see on the journey. I'm a big fan of the OS 1:25000 series maps and always buy them for holiday destinations. I then spend hours poring over the details. I imagine that if I were to have a satnav with an OS map overlay, I'd spend too much time looking at the display, rather than the road!

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well... I couldn't survive without Sat Nav!! I'd never get anywhere! :)
Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers all for the responses - agree not likely to use the Sat-nav much but the handsfree phone function and the ability to play MP3s from an SD card is very tempting.
Havent used a CD in years

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, didnt get discount on the car or factory extras, but got a few freebies chucked in, door sill trims and mud flaps. The dealer told me with the up and polo there isnt much leeway in discount on the price of car because they are low priced!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Royal Windsor said:
Stormtrooper - It's personal preference of course. I got one but frankly I don't think it's worth it. I've never been a fan of satnav and don't see much value in the other functions. I'm 'older generation' though and like maps, have a good sense of geography and direction and generally don't like gadgets for their own sake. I know from my children that the 'younger generation' has a quite different perspective. 'Horses for courses' then?

I only travel relatively few routes, but the sat nav gives me alternative routes when traffic appears, provides blue tooth connectivity for my phone and when travelling down quiet lanes i can let the sat nav get me home.

When travelling alone to a new destination they can't be beaten. Also if partner is carp with maps, they can cut arguments.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Have u missed another word out Si?

Duely edited!! Its driving me mad that these words just go missing!!! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have not used maps yet but wanted it for Bluetooth and music streaming more than sat nav

As Regards to discount I got maps and service pack and matts and full tank of fuel ! But was the only dealer that would entertain a discount and they wanted car registered and paid for by end sept for target I do sell cars for a living for another German brand do no what buttons to push lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts