Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the maps and more unit left on display a security risk . should it be removed and installed each trip . if you decide not to fit it for a short journey then the hands free doesnt work .
it does look like a bit of an afterthought .

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
It's up to you. if you put you car away in a garage at night then fine,
but if your car if in view of the public eye, i would remove it.

Remember you have a three year warranty.
Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wont be long before the scum on this planet learn about this device, and start breaking into cars looking for the unit and stalk :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
Y-Mii said:
What I have been wondering about: does the M&M+stalk connected fit in the glove compartment?

It's best not to disturb the stalk. The mand M is designed to be taken out of teh car and it has a walk to destination ability. The car is a city car at the end of the day.

Having said that I live in a large village in the country.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep the stalk does fit in the glovebox and if not parked at work or home I remove the stalk and put the cover on.

Thefts from cars are still on the up and thieves will look for signs such as sucker marks, holders ect. They will smash a passenger window just to get into the glovebox to see if a device has been left in there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks jezyg, this is exactly why I would remove the stalk as well.

Although, with car radio's, they often know people keep the detachable front in the glovebox, they break into the car anyway. And my insurance company requires me to show them the detached front in other to claim the damages.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cant see any reason not to disturb the stalk, seems well enough made. Its a bit of a faff though, will only use for longer journeys I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts