Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new BMT up on Sunday with maps and more. Only issue is its now Tuesday and the m&m is still not working. Vehicle ignition has probably been on for 8 hours with the unit connected. Before i speak to the dealer in the morning is anyone on here able to offer any advice on how to get it working?
Also should the m&m have a free case? And finally is there a cd for it? Other than this i'm loving the car..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found you have to connect it firmly onto the stalk with the engine on so that you can get it to know its on a VW . Then you can connect via a USB / mini USB cable to a pc/laptop, preferably not a mac as loads of people have issues with them. Then you need to download some software, and it should then allow you to use/update maps etc. hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The unit is off before connection then I place it on the stalk, it switches on with a black screen saying please leave ignition on etc and then that's it. So I'm guessing its connected correctly. I know I said the ignitions been on for 8 hours or so but at least two of them was with the engine running whilst I washed and hoovered it out..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found that when I first used it you can get some power, but its computer didn't quite connect, but when I did an extra push on the edge of the stalk and a second part clicked in, then it was ok. Also you could try a reset on the handset, there's a hole underneath to poke with a paper clip or similar then try again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. On route to work this morning I noticed the stalk in to the dash was not quite flush so I gave it a push down and about 2 minutes later it came on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I leave the stalk connected all of the time and just remove the screen when I need to for security.

Go well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
tricky31 said:
Got my new BMT up on Sunday with maps and more...

Also should the m&m have a free case? And finally is there a cd for it? Other than this i'm loving the car..

As discussed elsewhere, yes, you should have got a free case for the M&M. And no, there isn't a CD for it.

And I would have thought that your dealer should have installed and set up your M&M for you when he handed over the car - running through all the preferences such as miles/km, fahrenheit/celsius etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have NO problems with their M&M?

I find getting the sound to work a continual fiddle!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have no problems with Maps and More. The Dealer set it all up as part of the PDI including Bluetooth connections on day of collection. I think it is a great piece of kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts