Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've checked the Navigon Fresh site and the only maps for sale in the shop for the m&m is Europe.
Which is a bit pants to be fair. Is there a way round this does anyone know?
I wondered if a USA map for a different Navigon would work?
I sold my tomtom when I got the up! Might be kicking myself if u can only get European maps!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Are you intending to take your up! to America? That'll be very expensive.

If you're intending to drive in America, then a hire vehicle would usually come with a Sat Nav pre-loaded with the latest US maps from whichever company made the unit.

The Navigon M + M has limited map space (3Gb or so), so you'd need to pick and choose which maps were installed.

If the software was going to be used for route planning beforehand, then Google Maps or B!ng would do the trick.

Nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Used tomtom in the USA on my iPhone 4s, it's very good and a lot easier to use. Used it all over the states, there is no roaming costs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Shoei, I downloaded it from the App store and it looks great. Disappointed with the Maps & More lack of support for other countries - very limited compared to Tomtom. The whole Navigon website and webstore is an unfriendly confusing mess. I'm reasonably happy with the Europe maps on the M & M dont get me wrong, but its adequate rather than Tomtom quality.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are there roaming charges for using the 'maps' app on the iphone 4s it has turn by turn navigation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts