Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, last year I bought my daughter a Street up for her first car, mainly for the reasons of safety features, heated seats (for when she picks me up from the pub), satnav and equally as important bluetooth telephone connectivity.

The car was purchased under the Das Welt Auto so it came with a years guarantee which is up next month. Shortly after getting the car it went in as the telephone kept dropping out and although the person on the other end of the call could her you... they were very quiet and distant. The volume turned up done nothing but distort the sound as if the speaker was blown and muffled.

VW came back and said the pins the connecting plate (bracket to dash) were dirty and all should be good... it was better, but drop outs/not hearing each other occurred regularly.

No were within the final month of the warranty, I found this group and have successfully managed to restore the unit to factory and connected my phone today & for now the connection seems more stable and clear! I have however managed to lose the function of playing my music from my phone through my M&M unit... when I select media, play audio through BT (my phone)... it simply plays the music from my phones speaker (Iphone XR).

I've tried the usual unpair/pair again, turn off both units and it's still the same. Is it me or should my phone be able to be played through the M&M BT unit?

Lastly the live services are no more... just the spinning horizontal barbers stripe... I understand VW have stopped working with Garmin but still, youd think their would be an option to connect to their newer M&M service with your smartphone and have that sat in place of the current M&M garmin device. Alas, I fear the bluetooth part of the car is all in the Garmin and its not a simple resolution :cry:

any feedback help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Haven't Garmin just been hacked and had all there services compromised? Not sure if it's related or not.

This doesn't sound right. You should still be able to play music from your phone to the head unit via Bluetooth. Usually, removing and adding your phone or repairing irons out an problems.

I am sure someone else will be along soon to chip in!

·
Registered
241 Posts
You need to make sure that your phone is connected not just for phone but media(play music) allowed too. The Garmin live service isn't valid anymore, nothing replaced it either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, really strange as it connected fine yesterday but not again today... even when connected yesterday the sound from the car sounded like Normal Collier for you older folk! and like a scratched CD for the younger crowd.

So very frustrating as the phone does exactly the same... it's obviously a bluetooth issue and the UP really struggles to keep a decent connection with out apple stuff.

Not sure how i'm going to get on but definitely gonna give VW a try as the car is still within the years Das Welt Auto warranty, bluetooth phone and the safety feature were a key choice to buying this car for my daughter, now its no longer supported the only option I appear to be left with is replace it with an aftermarket unit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts