Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; "><br ="Apple-interchange-newline">I just went to the VW dealer to see my new car as it had arrived today. Everything looks awesome and I REALLY love the black color.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">One thing I noticed though. The dash where the Maps & More should be inserted, there is nothing. Not even a hint of connectors or a place for the cradle. It was just a plastic triangle shape.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">We did order the Maps & More one day later than the car as we after a careful decision did want it anyways. So there was an "extra" order made for it.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">I asked a sales person inside the shop - as my regular guy was off today - that will it be inserted there anyways as there does not seem to be anything to insert it to? - He said the M&M is installed during the PDI. It just left me wondering now that did he understand me correctly since I didn't mean the actual Navigon unit but the place to fit it in.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">Has anyone had any experience of if the connectors etc are installed at the dealers?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big sigh of relief then. Thank you for calming my nerves

·
Registered
705 Posts
The plastic cap was stored in the glove compartment and can be clipped back into place on the dash if you want to remove the entire m&m unit.

Nick

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But the thing is that there did not seem to be any "cap" to take off. It was just smooth surface where the supposed cap should be. Unless the cap is mostly the part with the fans which I doubt.

I guess you should be able to distinguish the cap from the rest of it?

I don't think I have any choice but to wait til tomorrow to get this confirmed somehow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Indeed... Not sure the dealer would want to chop the dash up, although I am sure there are detailed instructions and templates to do it with!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm sure it can be added. The cut out hole for mine looks like it was hand made. Plus another member retro fitted it to his car and it was easy. I'm sure they will have a procedure at the dealers to fit it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so the dealer rang me this morning explaining that there has been an error in the chain and the car does not have M&M installed.

So what will happen now is I will get this current car and drive with it, they will order a new identical car and looking to throw in the winter pack on top as complimentary for the trouble.

So I will get my Up! on monday, and in 3 months time I will get my other Up!

I think this is pretty fair from the dealers even though I need to suffer 3 months without M&M and knowing my ACTUAL baby is gonna come later.

What do you guys think?

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
That is pretty good , Kudos to the dealer....who are they?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Privatedoc said:
That is pretty good , Kudos to the dealer....who are they?

Peter Coopers. All in all been a good dealer experience and very helpful except for this M&M hassle. But even in this case they admit the error and are trying to make up for it. Cause it is not even said that the error has been with the dealer, can be somewhere in the order chain.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Fair result - I wouldn't want a hacking job done on a new car anyway.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Cool... So you get 2 UP!s

I guess they'll just sell the one you're getting as ex demo... Is it going to be registered in your name, or treated as a long term demo?

·
Registered
25 Posts
They do not have a template to do this. The manufacturer does not provide for the implementation of a hole to navigate the car without the original cut in the dash. I transformed it last as mount your navigation. If the seller has not told when buying it will not be a problem with it I lost the warranty on the dashboard. But it installed a well and everything works. Everything looks like original for this job i paid 100euro.

Edited by: gynox

1 - 19 of 19 Posts