Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else out there tearing their hair out with trying to pair their ipod touch to the Maps&More via Bluetooth?. The M&M finds the ipod then keeps losing the Bluetooth connection and therefore can't pair with the device.I've read the relevant section in the dowloadable manual over and over again and even tried online troubleshooting sites.
I might be missing something here but amgetting a bit frustrated.
Everything else on the M&M is working fine

Anybody out there with a step by step guideto stop me admitting defeat and having the shame ofgoing back to the dealer ...after all I'm a bloke and technology should be simple ....shouldn't it ?
There's a pint in it for the genious who can help me in my hour of needwhen we all meet up somewhere that can solve the baffling mystery.
Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
120 Posts
Doesn't help when you want to make a phone call however !! Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....the whole unit has frozen now so I think I might have a rogue one
Of to the dealer in the morning to have a moan !!

Cheers anyway

Nigel

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Nigel
Turn the bluetooth on your ipod.

If you press the phone icon on M&M then press device name which should then show your trusted devices.

Press Options - Search for Devices - should show ipod name/number

On Ipod press Car Phone then it should ask you to put in a pin

Type ina pinnumber of your choiccethen press pair

TheM&M then asksif you want to pair with Ipod, press yes and type in your pin number just typed and they should pair.

I had both devices next to each other and turned off everything else that has got bluetooth while you do it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're a genius 'Gave up' !!...thanks for the tip...I was trying to connect 2 devices (iPODs) at the same time .... a real Homer moment D'oh !!

.....and you're spot on, turn off all devices with Bluetooth whilst trying to pair the one you're want otherwise everything is trying to connect automatically with the M&M....clever stuff eh

I'm grateful also that I didn't have to humble myself at the dealer

I owe you a pint when we all go to a VW event sometime soon I hope

Cheers

Nigel

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks Nigel - gladI couldhelp!! Will look forward to having a pint with you and everyone else soon ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The phone icon on my m&m won't work. I press it and nothing happens.
It's preventing me from syncing my galaxy s7 to my car.
Please help!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts