Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Streaming music via bluetooth from my iphone worked fine for 2 months or so, would work when my phone was in my pocket or anywhere within the car really but only recently it starts to breakup and not play music smoothly unless the phone is on a window cradle about 3 inches from the display. Anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve? much thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know it sounds very basic, but have you tried to restart / turn off, on your phone and reconecting the BT system again from scratch ? And have you software updated your phone since you got your car ? I work at a Mercedes workshop and theese two problems seems to make up 75-80% of BT problems that customers experience in their cars.. If it does not help, I would say new M&M unit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Be sure the M&M unit is fully charged before updating. I was pulled through a hedge backwards when updating mine with a slightly charged battery. It died during the deleting/updating process, rendering the device unable to power on and start. It couldn't charge from the stalk anymore, not would it charge over USB. I had to purchase a mains-adapter and charge it like that for a couple of hours before I could start the slow restoration process (including downloading 3GB over the internet) and then performing a number of updates in a row.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my Up! At the beginning of the month. I have noticed the same problem, every few minutes the music is distorted for a few seconds. I'm using an iPhone 5. I haven't attempted to update the software of my M&M yet - did that resolve the problem for you?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
the latest update sorts out the iOS connectivity hassles as far as I've found.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Privatedoc said:
the latest update sorts out the iOS connectivity hassles    as far as I've found.
I might try using the Bluetooth for music again then saves having to put up with girlfriends music on the SD Card lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have had a couple of problems with the system not connecting to bluetooth but after a re-boot it usually works perfectly the second or third time. It doesnt happen every time though it just seems to be when i've not used the system for a while.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the Bluetooth and the phone function. When I first got the car, we got in and it connected and fully functioned. Now, when I get in, with Bluetooth already on, on the phone, now it only partially connects. When someone calls, or a call out, the music dims but the voice comes out of the handset, not speakers. I have to hang up then turn Bluetooth on the phone off and on again to see if it works, which mostly yes.

Although this makes it work, its easier to leave Bluetooth on and then should correctly connect!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Solution for bluetooth connection problems (stuttering every 30sek. / disconnections)

First find out if your device is compatible.

1. Turn off bluetooth on all your devices
2. On your mobilephone, tablet or whatever, go into bluetooth settings and delete the profile for the navigon unit.
3. Connect your navion unit to your pc/mac and open Navigon Fresh. Update to latest software and maps.
4. Restore the unit to its orignal settings (VERY IMPORTANT: Do not restore from backup!) We want the unit "fresh"
5. This may take a while... when it's finished you will find out that the latest software and maps have been installed. If not... download them as usual.
6. Disconnect the mount from the car. Press, with your finger, on the tiny "legs" on the mount (both of them). Connect the mount again.
7. Connect the Navigon unit to the mount and turn on ignition. After a minute the Navigon unit should be running.
8. Pair your device to the Navigon. It's best to pair from your mobilephone/tablet, and not from the navigon unit, as some devices (Ipad) rejects the bluetooth request.
9. Pray!
10. Enjoy!

This helped me... had a lot of bluetooth problems for months! i'm using a HTC desire, working perfect now, and also an Ipad 4gen. Latter will only play music and must be paired from the Ipad and not from Navigon unit. Only one device can be paired at a given time (if you want 2, then remove the media option on your mobilephone). As an example Ipad/tablet/thingy = media bluetooth option. Mobilephone = handsfree).

I hope this helped - if so reply and let others know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts