Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a technical question and I hope you can help me :)

I have take Up! 2013, without navigation but i would like to connect maps+more via mobile.

Does anyone know if the application will work on my cell phone (maps + more) if i connect to the car via Data Plug (bluetooth) ?

thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Data plug and maps n more are two different things.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yes i know but the connection is via bluetooth, and the data plug has the ability to read data from the car, right?
Correct, but runs through a completely different app and hooks into different systems.
Dataplug is a basic OBD reader and taps into the engine readings. Maps n more is entertainment based and connects to the entertainment system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct, but runs through a completely different app and hooks into different systems.
Dataplug is a basic OBD reader and taps into the engine readings. Maps n more is entertainment based and connects to the entertainment system.

I understand, but the information that maps n more reads is ecu related... engine information (speed / water temperature), driving information (fuel consumption) ...
other information is mobile related (navi / mp3 / call )

unfortunately i don't have a data plug at the moment and can't test it, it's coming to me in a month.

I thought maybe someone was there, or tried it

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Doesn't work as the ecu data is canbussed to the headunit which relays it via bluetooth to the M&M app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts