Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody, received mybrand spanking new High Up! Blue Motion on Friday, I'll start by saying what a fantastic car, quiet, smooth, very good road holding, 10 / 10 but oh dear what can I say about the Maps & More Garmin Unit, generally pleased with the unit apart from the satnav part, let me explian so that hopefully somebody may put me right. I've a problem with the sound, out of the car its very loud (number 10) but when in the cradle its almost like a whisper, at the moment I'm at a loss what to do, should this come through the car speakers? also the positioning of the unit makes it sometimes like a blank screen with glare (any ideas)? in bright sunlight.

I'm new to all this so please bear with me, and I apologize if I've broken any rules.

Is there anybody with a similar problem?

I had no Garmin unit when the car was delivered to the garage but they got me one, at the moment there's no manual, usb cable or activation code. What was in your package?

Thanks for the time to read this.

Staff-knot

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Staff-knot,

I needed 10 minutes in an industrial area late afternoon (no other drivers) to get it sorted ...

I programmed our comany and always drove wrong to get comments from the M&M ...

When "the lady" speaks, increase or decrease the volume at your radio!
When she speaks (and a few seconds after) the volume knob at the radio does NOT affect the radio/CD loudness, but the M&M loudness.

Set the M&M loudness as you like. about 5 seconds afterwards you can adjust the radio/CD loudness again - which has no affect on the navi loudness ...

P.S.: If you push the "Media" button, do you see "CD/NAV/AUX"?
If not, you have to look into your manual how to put on/off NAV and AUX.
Read the manual as you can adjust a lot of things at your radio (increasing loudness when high mph) ...

·
Registered
325 Posts
To add to what Cadfael has said - when I got my Garmin unit it was boxed and sealed with manual, cable, 'stalk' to attach to the dashboard and a booklet of voucher codes for speed cameras, maps, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cadfael, just this minute got back from trying your remedy,
whooopeeeee you are a star, worked straight away, thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
staffs-knot said:
Hi was yours supplied with the car or of the shelf?

It should have been supplied with the car but they gave me an old second-hand Navigon unit (I don't know whether intentionally or by accident). I demanded a brand new one which they had to order in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine was in 2 separate boxes but new, there was nothing else, I was told that they are not the cars when they arrive at the docks. Garage supposed to be getting manual etc, but i can not register the unit yet until i get the activation c
ode.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Staff-knot,

great that it worked at once!

When I got my car, the dealer told me: "If you had M&M ..."
I said: "I have ordered M&M with this car! ..."
She said: "Ooops! I have to have a look", and came back with a Garmin box. The Garmin, USD-cable, 'stalk' to attach to the dashboard, booklet of voucher codes for speed cameras, maps, etc.,was inside. No manual in English or German. I am glad I have it as a pdf file in German ...

The dealer said that they did not fix it because it might get stolen ...

I saw that you have (or had?) covers/case for the M&M with up! logo in the UK?
I didn't get such a case. So I ordered one on ebay for 6‚¬. It is a hardcase, stated as suiting for the Navigon 70. Fits best!

·
Registered
31 Posts
staffs-knot said:
Mine was in 2 separate boxes but new, there was nothing else, I was told that they are not the cars when they arrive at the docks. Garage supposed to be getting manual etc, but i can not register the unit yet until i get the activation c
ode.
I believe they are all the same:

FRESHMAPS80
SAFETYCAM50
ALLINONE50
GREENGUIDE50

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems that some garages don't know or care about the m&m, brilliant car but let down by minor things such as this. also the coin/ashtray container is not standard it's an optional extra (smokers pack £23) coin holder on Ebay £4.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I was so lucky that I used a responsible dealer. As part of the PDI my maps and more was set up for me my address was already loaded as well as the dealers. When I took delivery my I Phone was paired for me and the dealer made sure everything was working correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Beevee, my dealership cam to my home to set up the m&m and she told that VW hadn't sent the manual, she also set up my Windows 8 Nokia phone(fantastic to play music via Bluetooth), like I mentioned before fantastic car but let down by silly minor things.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The manual is preloaded in the unit.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Beevee said:
I was so lucky that I used a responsible dealer. As part of the PDI my maps and more was set up for me my address was already loaded as well as the dealers. When I took delivery my I Phone was paired for me and the dealer made sure everything was working correctly.
I forgot to add in my last post ...
They first forgot the M&M. But then, my home address was installed and when showing me the "favorite function", I asked if I can try to type the address my own to get a bit used to it at the dealer's. No problem!
My phone was also connected (which I never could have managed alone - I hate smartphones) and some other functions were shown (like playing music via Bluetooth from the phone) ...

Beevee is right that the manual (or a short version of it) is on the M&M.
It's a bit easyier via pdf file on a 24" screen ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealership printed the manual for me (150, A4 sheets) I also found the PDF file online and on the unit, I'm more concerned about the activation code and warranty (vouchers?, somebody mentioned free vouchers for POI's etc) tomorrow it's one week old, so I'll be on the phone again for an up-date (no pun intended)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I must admit I have never bothered to register mine as it makes no difference to a warranty. I am also not bothered about updates,poi's etc. the road network doesn't change that much that quickly

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Staff-knot,

I think you don't need the voucher ...

I tried to register my Garmin via the "normal Garmin program" and it didn't work ...
So, I looked the voucher ...

This should work world wide for VW Maps&More (not for Mii/Citigo?)???
- Go to https://pid.garmin.com/pid/fresh ...
- Download the "Fresh" software (for windows or MAC).
- Plug in your Maps & More and it should be seen ...

Make a backup of your system via the "Fresh" software!!!
You will see if you have the latest software version and find VW software for free ...
You should register and can download the Q1/2014 version ...
Maybe you have to delete one or two countries (Ukaine for you?)

I have "VDSL25" since today. Otherwise downloading 3GB takes MANY hours!
Maybe you just update the UK and one or two other countries (without high speed internet)?

The only thing you need the voucher for is the 80% or 50% off price code ...
But there's a solution for this ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Beevee said:
I must admit I have never bothered to register mine as it makes no difference to a warranty. I am also not bothered about updates,poi's etc. the road network doesn't change that much that quickly
Hi Beevee,

you are surely right that the nav (and entertainment center?) are the basics!

I now installed Garmin "FRESH" and uploaded some nice VW gadgets for free ...
- First Aid (what and how to do)
- Number plates (in Germany - what do they mean?)
- Notepad (write down something with your finger on the M&M screen)
- up! basics (what do the symbols mean, where can I find the xyz?)

Surely just gadgets!!!
Maybe the "First Aid" not???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts