Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.

My M&M ran out of power this morning. When I hopped back into my car and mounted the M&M screen again the operating system got caught in a recursive loop:

1. the boot up screen with the data in the top LH corner
2. the startup animation where the VW logo has an animated halo and the map of the planet in the background
3. suddenly the screen goes blank
4. go to 1 and repeat.

So far I've tried:
pressing the reset button (done this a number of times) no joy
holding down the power button (done this a number of times) no joy

I've also tried accessing the Navigon by plugging it in to the computer and launching Navigon Fresh. No joy.

None of this has worked.

If I had to guess I'd say that the operating system is failing to mount for some reason.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Angus. Welcome to the forum. Can't help you much I'm afraid sounds like you have tried all the obvious. Don't forget the warranty also extends to Maps and More. Take it back to the dealer and exchange it for a new one. It's something I had to do with mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine did this once when the battery was completely flat, too. I left it charging, ignoring the constant reboots, and it eventually settled down. It's been fine since, although I've never let it run completely flat again.
Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
325 Posts
Connected it to my computer. When I went back after about an hour it was stable again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hope it works

If not, as Beevee says, it's covered by warranty and the dealer should exchange it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think my M&M has crashed once in the fifteen months I've had it. Until today, when it crashed three or four times ""“ though it didn't loop like yours, Angus. It hadn't run out of power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried that link and this one (which is M&M related)

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/kundenservice/faq.html?id=943&content_identifier=faq&topicId_0=18400771&topicId_1=20293734&topicId_2=20444553&topicId_3=20581672&page=1

gets the factory reset screen but then still returns to the recursive loop I described in the first post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts