Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My android phone has just updated its operating system and the maps on the Maps & More app has stopped working. Keeps saying I have to download a map and there is only Europe available not the UK anymore. Has this affected anyone else?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes.

Just collected brand new Up Gti this Friday (13/11/20) and we just cannot get M&M navigation* to work.

No UK map on the list so we have downloaded Europe and we cannot get any UK results to show in location search.

I think we will try a non UK search and see what happens.

*We do understand the system bas our previous car was a High Up and M&M worked just fine in it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Have tried the above and every time we search it keeps prompting 'download a map'.

PITA!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Try uninstalling and re-installing the app, with a full power-off/power on after both steps.

I have seen this work for other apps, and there is an outside chance it may for this one....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here
No UK map but when I try to download Europe it only downloads part of it and again I am asked to download a map.
I downloaded France which worked so I feel there must be something wrong with the Europe map? Tried reinstalling = no joy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Have emailed customer service as i can't get hold of our salesman.

Will report back if I get any joy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been having a play with the app. Tried the switch off and on suggestion, but no success. As davedamn said the Europe map only partly downloads (18%) then stops. Which customer service have you emailed VWZYZ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are you doing the map download over WiFi (and via your broadband) or using the mobile data network?
It's possible a minor comms delay or error could cause a map download failure, as the app may be using its own mechanism for map download, rather than the phone's built-in file downloader (FTP, http etc etc).

If using WiFi, make sure nobody is doing anything on your LAN at the same time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm downloading at home on WiFi. Had no problems when I downloaded the map first time round. It is strange the the option of the UK map has disappeared and that it is not just myself that cannot download the Europe map. It is also strange that it always stops downloading the Europe map at 18%.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've been having a play with the app. Tried the switch off and on suggestion, but no success. As davedamn said the Europe map only partly downloads (18%) then stops. Which customer service have you emailed VWZYZ?
VW UK website - auto reply says they have received it and I should get a response in 48 hours.

We've tried the download on two (very new) phones and it does not work on either.

Ruling out the download interruption theory as we have tried with just a single device operating ie the phone during download - plus we have FTH internet with 1Gb download speed at the router.

I'll post when/if I hear back.

If I don't hear back I'll be calling the salesman next week (he is on holiday this week).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just tried the live chat function on the VW website. It took a bit of explaining to make the person understand what the problem was. She eventually suggested that I contact the VW Garmin customer support. The number is 020 33645669 and is open from 9-12 & 1-3.30. Are the maps on Maps and More based on Garmin maps?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've just tried the live chat function on the VW website. It took a bit of explaining to make the person understand what the problem was. She eventually suggested that I contact the VW Garmin customer support. The number is 020 33645669 and is open from 9-12 & 1-3.30. Are the maps on Maps and More based on Garmin maps?
I tried ringing them and despite ringing within the advertised hours I got an automated message asking me to ring within the advertised hours.

Tried VW Chat who were useless and offered to give me the contact details of the supplying Dealer - FFS!

Will get on to the salesman when he returns from his breal next week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts