Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, in a previous car of mine I had the sat nav in the usul place, stuck to the windscreen. I bought a little sun shade type thing that clips over the top of the device and, well shades the sun from its screen. Is the Maps & More screen difficult to see in bright sunlight and would benefit from a sun shade? What size is the Maps & More screen as I'm watching a 4.3cm shade on eBay? Thanks all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi, Maps and More is 5 inch screen....about 1.26cm I think. Don,t pick our Up up until Monday ( did i just say that double up ) so can,t add any more at the moment.
Go well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya Night Owl, thanks for your reply, I'm so jealous that you're picking your Up! up on Monday. How long have you been waiting? The screen on the Maps & More is bigger than I thought. I'd be grateful if you could share your experiences with the Maps & More screen and the sun shine. I'm sure it would benefit from a shade but we'll see. Good luck on Monday.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well, being in the UK, and having only picked my Up! up in November, I haven't actually seen 'the sun' since I had it, so I'm not sure I can comment! Haha.
In all honesty though, I haven't had any issues as of yet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi again.We ordered our Up on 14.01.13 and our dealer sain delivery end of March....so we are getting it sooner than expected. Can,t wait ,till Monday! although here in Hampshire rain is forecast then so might have to wait before I can report M& M in sunlight.
Go well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've only seen problems when the sun is low and behind the car, shining directly in the tailgate.

By the way, the screen size is 11.4cm by 6.4cm.

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts