Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disable that annoying song that cuts in after a minute or so when you first turn on the radio and when M&M is activated. I have to press the radio button again to stop it - arghhhhh!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sorry cant help you. Never had that happen with my maps and more. Is it always the same song?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here, never heard a song...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not got an Android.

It's a lady singer - always the same tune as if it's a default song installed on the maps & more hard drive. Not even my type of music - how strange.

The mystery deepens!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Never happened to me.

Although occasionally when my phone paris with M&M it will start playing any mp3 that are stored on there.

Are you saying you have no phone at all paired with your M&M when it happens?

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The song is called "Butterflies" - I think. It comes on every time after a minute or so of starting the car with the radio on or off. The logo on the radio readout states Maps & More. I have to turn the radio on and/or press the radio button to get rid of it. Yesterday, I let the song run to the end to see if there were any more songs, but all it did was repeat.

Weird!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
The readout on the stereo will say Maps and More even if you are streaming from your phone.

Just to confirm, you do not have a bluetooth phone of any sort paired to the car when this happens?

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's cracked it - many thanks.

I did not realise that there were 3 songs pre-installed (by default I assume), on my old Nokia. to be honest I never even knew that there was a music app installed (not being to techno savvy). Anyway, jsu opened up the app and there they are - 3 songs the first of which is "Butterflies". Not I have to try and erase them and can't find the Delete option - ****!

Anyway, many thanks for solving that mystery.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
**** it- no way that I can see to delete pre-installed tunes. Just need to find a way to stop it streaming to the M&M.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have always been annoyed by this, as it also does this with my iPhone.
I recently found out, (after restoring my stinking M+M unit for the millionth time), that this is actually a feature and it can be turned off in the Bluetooth settings. I believe it is on page 3 out of 3 and it is called auto play or something like that.

It should be possible to delete the tracks from the Nokia though. What model is it??

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that tip.

My phone is a Nokia Asha 300, and as far as I can find out there is no way to delete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts