Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the latest software update on the PID in our Mii & have noted a few differences.

The bluetooth appears clearer to callers.

The live traffic appears cleverer. Previously if the traffic lost connection, it would instantly assume there was no traffic & reroute you direct with no extra delay time. It now appears to hold what traffic it knows for a short time until you get connection again.

Annoyingly the shortcut speed dials in the phone menu have now disappeared to be replaced with direct dials for Seat Breakdown & Seat Customer Services. Does the VW or Skoda ones do something similar?

Two steps forward & one step back!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi mii al!

Thank's for letting us know there was an update, (I am the 'update if it moves' type of guy
).
There was a brief, which told what was updated, BUT in german only.
It updates Garmin M&M version 7.13.09 to 7.13.10
So my german friends, or anyone understanding german, please translate it to english, here it goes:

- Fehlerbereinigung im Bereich der BT-FunktionalitÃt
- Unterstützung von DAB Radios
- Hinzunahme zusÃtzlicher Radio-Logos
- Fehlerbereinigung im Bereich der Unterstützung der Elektrovariante
- Live Menü auch wÃhrend Navigation anwÃhlbar
Thank you very much!
-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

·
Registered
95 Posts
The problem I can see from the "non-update stance" is - I don't think it will allow you to update the roads maps with the latest before you update the unit software.

and the above translated -

- Bug fixes in the BT functionality

- Support of DAB radios

- Adding additional radio logos

- Bug fixes in the support of the electric variant

- Live menu can also be selected during navigation

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cadfael said:
Don't know if karlak is German?
But I (as a German) couldn't have translated it better.
Only "O level " German for me loads of years ago...

But I am fluent in "Google translator" ;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Dano,

The German manual only says that you are asked in the beginning of the first setup???

It is said how to change the language of the keyboard ...
Maybe there you find the right menu item???

Under "Navigation" ...
Optionen > Einstellungen > Allgemein > Tastatur-Layout
(Options) > (Settings) > (General) > (Keyboard Layout)

So, maybe you find it in "Allgemein" as one of the general settings???

There is an item under Navigation: "Optionen > Auslieferungszustand"
This sets the M&M back to delivery status. But this is not what you want?! All Updates would be delited as far as I understand.

Sorry; have no M&M yet and can't test it - only have the German manual ...

If you have any question what a word might mean - I can help you.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Dano60,

I asked in the German up! forum and the only thing I found out
is that the language is set at the beginning.

You can do/try the "factroy / delivery reset" at your dealer (or the dealer can try).
The item under Navigation: "Optionen > Auslieferungszustand" should do this reset?
The basic language should be able to be chosen afterwards???
But maybe it is better your dealer does so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi there maps and more folks.

Have ordered a High Up! and am looking forward to getting M&M.
How do people find it?

Is anyone using the SD card to play music from?
How good is it?
Am in the process of preparing a 32gb card with my favourite music. Does maps and more display album art if the Mp3 file has been correctly encoded with it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Silentbazz.

I use the SD card slot for music, & the quality is far better than bluetooth streaming which is the other option.

Most of my music is iTune bought so not MP3 coded & the M&M is one of the only non apple device that I have found that will play the track. Can't directly comment on the album art as mine not Mp3 music.

When in Nav mode you can use the search buttons on the radio to skip tracks so you don't have to stay in media mode to listen to stored music.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's a top tip! It would never have occurred to me that the stereo buttons would work with M&M (except perhaps the volume button). Like Silentbazz, i'm getting my first M&M soon - even though i've owned an up since Nov 2012. I'll also take your recommendation about the SD card as I was planning to stream my music from my iPhone via bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I don't use an sd card I Bluetooth my I phone. Now I have the free spotify app I have a large music library.

·
Registered
361 Posts
silentbazz said:
Hi there maps and more folks.

Have ordered a High Up! and am looking forward to getting M&M.
How do people find it?

Is anyone using the SD card to play music from?
How good is it?
Am in the process of preparing a 32gb card with my favourite music. Does maps and more display album art if the Mp3 file has been correctly encoded with it?

Hi

Iam using a 32gb sd card too for music in mp3 format, and yes when properly encoded it will show album art or what ever pictures are coded in it, in a brilliant way!

-eelis-

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cool. Thank you all for the replies.
Am currently ensuring all my digital files have encoded album art and converting some m4a files to mp3 format.
I bought a SanDisk card with high transfer rates to ensure it operates well.
Am hoping that if I shuffle on the folder I am putting all my music in it will do me a good random playlist.
I take it the display is on all the time when in use (as it draws power through the cradle) are on screen options to skip tracks nice and accessible?

·
Registered
361 Posts
silentbazz said:
Cool. Thank you all for the replies.
Am currently ensuring all my digital files have encoded album art and converting some m4a files to mp3 format.
I bought a SanDisk card with high transfer rates to ensure it operates well.
Am hoping that if I shuffle on the folder I am putting all my music in it will do me a good random playlist.
I take it the display is on all the time when in use (as it draws power through the cradle) are on screen options to skip tracks nice and accessible?
Yes they are, or you can use the radio arrow buttons as well.

-eelis-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts