Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone spotted any reviews that cover the Maps + More device?

I'm just wondering how good it is as an actual satnav? It's all well and good having it display statistics and control your music... but if the satnav features are glitchy or clumsy to use, cheap and out of date it would be a pain!

Does anyone know what Navigon device it's based on, and are any of the people who have recieved their up is a position where they can compare it to a standalone satnav and price bracket ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you look onthe Navigon website you can see that in the first 30 days you can update to the latest version, and akso purchase a two year update pack.

No detailed reviews, but one or two reviews which mention it, but cannot remember where.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I used in on my test drive and it was impressive, just took a second to adjust to using a street name and city to start the search as apposed to a postcode search, but the instructions were clear with very impressive graphics. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't suppose you remember whether the touch screen was capacitive (like iPhone) or resistive (like old museum screens where you have to physically push the screen)?

Just been looking at Navigon website... Wow - they have a lot of software packs to sell you... Could get expensive!!

I hope the maps + more isn't barebones and you need to buy everything seperatly... Like if you want speed camera warnings, or turn by turn navigation

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've had Maps and More since end Jan 2014. Not overly impressed with the sat nav. It works o.k. most of the time but isn't as easy to set up as my old Tom Tom one and I've found updating it very frustrating. It connects well with my IPhone and is good as a hands free but the voice recognition is - well, fair, and overall I think it just does lots of things reasonably but very little really well.

"Could do better" as my school report used to say.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I play a lot of music that i have uploaded to a micro SD card. The quality is great and transition between songs both aurally and visually (album artwork) is good. However, when switched off, it forgets what it was doing previously. I might have had the device on total random play ie across all artists. But when re-started, the M&M plays the current song from the start and then thinks it should be playing the rest of the album rather than staying in random mode. Like you said, mostly good, but it needs some work to make it great.Edited by: AlanG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts