Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I dropped my maps + more on the floor and I have two hairline cracks in the bottom right hand side of the screen which are hardly noticeable and everything works fine,However my car is on a pcp deal and I will have to replace it with a new screen at some point any idea how much a new screen will cost and do I have to get it from VW, many thanks MR CLUMSY

·
Registered
523 Posts
If I was you I would wait until you hand the car back... I would doubt they would spot the issues anyway. It wouldn't be vw who collect the car anyway, normally logistic contractors.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If I was in your position I would try to get a new glass/repair at one of these 24-hours mobile phone shops. Reason I say that is there may be a clause in your contract that covers damage. Unless you get a signed 'all clear' inspection report on collection from you, when the vehicle arrives 'back at base' and gets a closer inspection you may find repayment money is withheld. I know our Fleet manager was always battling the fair wear and tear issue with our leasing companies over the years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted on this matter before I have cracked my screen on Maps +More can anyone tell me how much I would have to pay for a new unit many thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Keep an eye on eBay as there are some bargains to be had, but you'll need to be patient.

Nick

·
Registered
176 Posts
yiddo said:
.........cracked my screen on Maps +More can anyone tell me how much I would have to pay for a new unit many thanks.

The last one I followed on ebay about 2 weeks ago went for £173.00 + postage

·
Registered
705 Posts
The last one sold went for £122 plus postage.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts