Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Maps and More unit comes with a carry case for when you take it out of the car?

Also, is there a 12V adapter and bracket that could be purchased to use the sat nav in a different car? My wife has a Golf and it would be very useful on holidays etc..

The VW dealer didn't really have any information yet...

many thanks,

Alex.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did'nt think to ask my dealer when I placed my order. I guess I assumed a case for the unit would be included.

I have just checked the Maps and More manual and it does have a micro-USB socket for charging so you should be able to use some parts of the system (navigation) it in the Golf.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I guess I can buy a 12V to USB adapter that the supplied lead can go into..

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got to get one of those cases, and I don't even have the car yet.. Lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The case was not in the Up accessories brochure I looked at today. Its on the list of things to buy, along with windscreen mount. The Satnav part should work but the TMC data (traffic) may not as the manual on the navigon website indicates that it uses the main car aerial to get the TMC feed.

The manual also indicates a 3 hour battery life...

If anyone gets a uk supplier for the case please let us know.

Proporta do a 12v to usb adapter, as do a lot of phone shops as a lot of smartphones including the nexus and iPhone can use themEdited by: Roadrunner

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just purchased the Navigon case from Amazon Germany. With postage it was £19 which was cheaper than from the Navigon UK site or Expansys or anyone else selling in UK.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
elcocheSEAT said:
The up!'s delivered in the Netherlands don't have a carying case.

So you either purchase a Navigon case ( http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/shop/zubehoer/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=14560&produktId=14704474)or wait untill VW UK offers this one:

<div id="gt-res-" ="almost_half_cell"><div dir="ltr" style="zoom:1">The PID-cover, a stylish case made of flexible neoprene with subtle Up logo can be used to protect the portable up. It is minimal in its design and is provided with two inner compartments for the storage of the screen and the cable. The lid is closed by a zipper in contrasting colors.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a confirmation email from VW UK to say that you do not get a case with the maps + more unit. No sign of the up branded case yet either in the dealers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Navigon case from Amazon Germany arrived yesterday. Not as nice as a Tom Tom genuine case - it has a plastic zip which is a bit pants. But it will do the job intended.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Out of interest can you order this case from the website mentioned for the up! branded case? I don't see an English option so can't tell!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts