Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had the up a week now and loving it. The only two things i want to add are tinted rear windows ( booked in on tue ,with pics to follow ) and im looking into acquiring maps and more and fitting myself. Been searching round the forum and egay and came across a garmin unit for sale that doesent look right.

Just wanted to warn any members to check it out first before bidding ,winning and possibly not getting what they thought.
Its a garmin unit with correct arm but the bit that puzzled me was it comes with a 12v power lead. Surely a proper unit is hardwired through the arm/loom and wouldnt need this. Ok so the back mount of the unit is prob standard so will fit the arm correctly but will it have the correct connections and internal software ti run maps n more?

If im wrong fair enough, but when i come to source one ill have to make sure all the numbers are correct and prob find ill have to source new for peace of mind.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Has your up got the connector in already for maps & more. As I think if you didn't spec it with the car then the necessary wiring is not behing the dash.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In the manual it states with an optional cable & mount you can use the M&M in a 2nd car. Perhaps the seller has bought this option.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mogwai said:
Has your up got the connector in already for maps & more. As I think if you didn't spec it with the car then the necessary wiring is not behing the dash.
I havent got it. Theres an old guide on here with parts numbrs listing the loom needed. Im goin to get it all checked again before i order anything.cheers.

As to the other post ( i dont know why you cant quote two posts at a time in this forum) if he was using it in a 2nd car, how do you specify to buy a car with the maps n more wiring and dash ready without ordering maps n more.

It looks more to me like a ordinary satnav with the dash arm ,hence the separate power lead.

Like i said if im wrong fair enough but how man maps n more owners plug in a stand alone power lead?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess what im saying is before i bid (which on this item im not) id make sure i have assurances that this is a genuine maps n more unit and not a sat nav with the correct arm.

Surely if you use it in another up without the correct wiring ( which would negate the use of an additional power lead ) you would not have most of the functions?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 2nd car you could use it in could be any car the Garmin documentation suggests a hire car. The unit has it's own speaker so is stand alone. The USB socket on the bottom is also a power socket.Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh makes sense, im still learning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts