Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tungsten silver 3 door high up with sensor pack is being delivered to me on Monday 3 March 2014. Then it will be goodbye candy white move up. It's not missed a beat in the 16 months i've owned it. I hope the new one is just as reliable - especially as i need to keep this one for years!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine !Make sure you take the time to run the engine in properly.
No racing up Cowcombe hill and Birdlip for a while !

·
Registered
45 Posts
So what is the official running in advice these days?

My last new car was supposed not to exceed 3000 rpm for the first 1000 miles but a VW salesman told me the UP! doesn't need to be run in.
I'm guessing if we don't follow the rules and it goes bang they can look at the ECU and dispute a claim?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do try to keep revs down to 3k max for the first 1000 miles. Trouble is, my daily commute includes a steep switchback road that is only just third gear if you're going fast enough otherwise it's second gear which means more than 3k revs. First world problems!Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess Jeremy Clarkson's Ukraine trip at max revs should give us peace of mind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AlanG said:
I do try to keep revs down to 3k max for the first 1000 miles. Trouble is, my daily commute includes a steep switchback road that is only just third gear if you're going fast enough otherwise it's second gear which means more than 3k revs. First world problems!

to be fair so long as you are fairly mechanically sympathetic while the engine is warming up, and its only for brief periods you will be fine.

Trust me I've run in enough engines of various power out put in my time.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Good advice Bman just a pity they don't fit a tempetature gauge so you can tell what your engine is doing !Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derkie54 said:
Good advice Bman just a pity they don't fit a tempetature gauge so you can tell what your engine is doing !
I believe the sensor pack should give me a temp guage. I've never seen a photo of the sensor pack display though, so i have no idea what to expect.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The sensor pack will give you an engine temperature reading as does Maps and More.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yours for £799

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/current-number-plates.html?prefix1=U&prefix2=P&numbers=14&letter1=V&letter2=A&letter3=G&action=index&pricefrom=0&priceto=&currentmatches=&searched=true&openoption=&language=en&prefix2.x=77&prefix2.y=22&super=&super_pricefrom=&super_priceto=

·
Registered
45 Posts
But for the man who has everything""¦""¦..

·
Registered
957 Posts
AlanG said:
Got my number plate this morning. It ends VGG. Now VAG would have been cool. But VGG?
Which VW dealer did you buy from ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JCB in Kent. These guys supply DTD, so the discounts are great and includes free delivery. So the fact that they are so far from Gloucs doesn't affect me in any way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts