Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all finally got hold of a data cable for my camera so can upload pics.

Initially i was going to buy a private 13 plate but common sense told me to buy the 3 year service plan instead, However fate named my car on the way home from the dealership on collecting.

BN13 GKP became the red BaroN German KorP" My little german fighter " i find it such as small compact car, it goes like a rocket and can really throw it around the roads i love it, it also seems quite apt to join my beetle race car i own as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I always intended to change a little but not going to go too drastic, the main reason for buying was economy for comuting to work, however owning quite a few modified vw's over the years it would be rud not to tweek it a bit, Having tons of really high block speedhumps to get over and getting the beetle stuck on them and needing lifting over coilovers were never going to be viable on my daily :( so i have opted for a set of H&R 35mm lowering springs.
Wheels were always going to be changed for alloys for the summer months and having a set of porsche 928 winter cults sat in my house for the last 4 or 5 years was a bit of a no brainer, they were always earmarked for my T25 bus, but paint never really worked on that properly so have not finished to a point i wanted to fit them.

I have polished them myself but if funds permit i may well get them professionally over the winter, they are 7x16 ET 65 fronts and 8x 16 ET 52.5 rears. I have used 25mm H&R adaptors on both front and rear to give offsets of 40 on front 27.5 on rear.

Here are some pictures of it at DC13 yesterday.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JB1891 said:
Looking good, did you lower it yourself or get someone to do it? Love the Bug
Thanks, yea me and my mate lowered it 2 weeks ago. front drivers side was easy about 40mins out, swop and in again, passenger side was a nightmare took nearly 7 hours, strutt would not seat properly again after hours of trying different things including taking whole front assembly off driveshaft to get on a work bench we discovered a blemish inside the casting it was binding up on, 10 mins of filing and reaming it was sorted and fitted. rears took about 5 mins for both sides :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing i like in my car is some music, have built custom mounts for these so they can be removed in approx 10mins if i need a full boot space, wires all routed through car just need to remove headunit at weekend and plug in and set up :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mate, i got both off ebay as you can only get the black ones now i think and i wanted the limited edition clear versions as look better in my eyes, one was wrecked and took a full rebuild and clean but i stripped and polished all the scratches and marks off it.
I think amazon were doing them new for about £150 just google infinity basslink, bench tested them and they were real nice, i have an infinity basslink T fitted in my campervan and that does the job too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not saying it's rough where i live, but anyone thinking of lifting my wheels might think twice when they have to remove the detailed shotgun cartridge caps only to discover the 2 sets of mc gard locking bolts. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, had been saving them for my van, but when i fitted to my up they just look right in my opinion :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Summer wheels going back on this weekend if they stop throwing salt all over the roads, i really miss them car looks transformed once factory steels are off...............

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tidy car. I really need to sort the sound system out on mine, but lacking the technical experience of ever having re-wired a car is putting me off, and the lack of reputable auto electricians in the Birmingham area (going on reviews alone) is not helping matters.

But seriously, the alloys on your car just look, well, awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts