Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have ordered an Up White with leather look upholstery. The option includes a set of mats so asked my dealer to ensure that the extra set is supplied as my car already comes with them as standard, she looked at me like I was mad! Has anyone else done this?

How will I know if the sports suspension has actually been fitted? I can only think that I need to find another one that I know doesn't have it to compare with?

I have aked my dealer to supply a second remote key, I don't mind paying a bit towards it but I'm not keen on paying £170 plus for one. My dealer says that they have never been asked and have never heard of VW providing free keys! I don't, personally, think it should be clear, the brochure is clear in that specifications change and my price list handed to me at the same time as the brochure clearly states that only one remote key is supplied.

I wonder how much they actually cost and what be be reasonable to offer to pay?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have an up black with leather look seats. I got felt mats with white piping. I didn't ask for another set of mats, I wasn't aware that it was a paid option as such

If you can't tell without looking that your Up! Is lower, take a wheel off and check

And sorry I have no idea regarding the key. Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Like with the door srtips/guards... They come with the UP! Black/White, but are still on the options page... It must be a mistake. Why should there be options that are standard!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mats are only standard on the Black and the White models, on all others you have to pay.

Mats are part of the leather look interior option, if you haven't bought a Black or White you get mats that you would otherwise have had to pay for.

The cost of the leather look option is the same for all models, therefore you are at a disadvantage if you buy a Black or White and order the leather look option as you pay the same as everyone else but they withold the mats as you've already paid for a set in the basic price of the car.

I could do with the extra set, the only reason I went for the leather look is because I sometimes get really dirty at work and the standard seats would be filthy in no time. I could do with a set of work mats and a set of clean ones, I'm going to insist I get them!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Fair point Matt. One which I hadn't realised. Looks like I missed out on that one. But I doubt very much that anyone else has asked for an extra set yet (as its the first time I've heard it mentioned on here)

·
Registered
727 Posts
matt-drummer said:
How will I know if the sports suspension has actually been fitted?

It's declared on the sales contract with all the other list of options you ordered. It's only 15mm lower but sitting next to a normal height up! you'll see the difference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, it is specified, but then I read about cars turning up incorrectly built, I'm just wondering how I will know when I collect it if there are no others there?

·
Registered
727 Posts
matt-drummer said:
The cost of the leather look option is the same for all models,

Mats are part of the leather look interior option, if you haven't bought a Black or White you get mats that you would otherwise have had to pay for.

False, the price of the leatherette seats in the Move up! are £650 as opposed to £450 on the black/white up!. The High up! also have the leatherette seats for £450 but you still don't get the carpeted mats as in the black/white up!.

source:http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/up-nf/which-model/compare/interior/

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, the leather look on the High Up is £450 and you get mats with it, the leather look on the Black/White is also £450 but you don't get mats as they are already standard.

Why should I get less for my £450 if I buy a Black/White over a High Up?

·
Registered
727 Posts
matt-drummer said:
OK, the leather look on the High Up is £450 and you get mats with it, the leather look on the Black/White is also £450 but you don't get mats as they are already standard.

You need to go back and look at that link just a tad closer. The High up! with leatherette does not come with the carpeted mats as in the black/white up! nor does it state that the leatherette option includes carpeted mats. Hold your mouse over the "i" and it states what's included, in the case of the High up! leatherette seats also include a special colour dash.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My price list, that I was given when I ordered the car, states that for £450 you get leather look seats and front and rear carpt mats with a note that the Black/White comes with the mats as standard.

Maybe they have corrected the error in their pricing structure now?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm sure you don't get the sport pack suspension as standard but you get the tint of courseEdited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the high up! with the Leather Pack and you DO get mats included.

·
Registered
727 Posts
up!up!up! said:
I have the high up! with the Leather Pack and you DO get mats included.

The same ones as the Black or White up!...?

The UK VW site lists them as unavailable on the High up!.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok.. found the discrepancy. On the up! configure page it does not show carpeted mats as being available but on the price list it does.

BUT.. the mats are still not the same as the ones in the Black/White up! (with white edging).

See page 09 of source:http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/up-nf/which-model/brochures/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mind if they're not the same, I just think I should get the set of mats I would have got if I'd bought a High Up, after all, I've paid for them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts