Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what is the maximum size mini-SD card I can use in the Navigon device for playing music etc.

Also I read in one of the forums that it was possible to download tunes from iTunes. Can anyone confirm this?I got the impression that maybe it wasn't possible. I don't know a lot about the different formats of downloaded music but I certainly don't want to muck up the system by experimenting.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you buy tunes from iTunes then they will be mp4s so won't be in the right format for maps and more

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant. That's both the answers I required really. I guess I shall have to download music to the card from elsewhere on my computer. Probably Windows Media Player?

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah you move the music by dragging and dropping or right click and send to the drive location where the card is.

Windows Media is user friendy and most formats it plays will be good for m&m

·
Registered
123 Posts
you can use itunes music, if you can itunes to convert to mp3 first, and then you have to drag and drop the music from the itunes folder in my computer... i found it much easier to use itunes to convert to mp3, and then media player to sync to the SD card...

·
Registered
35 Posts
According to the maps and more user manual, you can play back audio files in the following formats: MP3, WMA, OGG vorbis, AAC and FLAC. iTunes uses AAC. Has anyone actually tried playing iTunes music on maps & more. I'll be disappointed if I have to convert everything...Edited by: edthedoc

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can you easily convert from mp4 to mp3 though?

·
Registered
329 Posts
M&M will play AAC files (the format that you download from iTunes). There is no need to convert to mp3. The only thing you miss by not converting is the album artwork. I have put a lot of music on mine and didn't want to convert just for the album art. As mentioned 32gb is the largest card you can use.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes I concur with rich, most people have said the itunes brought music will play on the m+m but just doesnt show the album artwork, but most people can live with that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts