Up Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Of those of you that have body kits from either Maxton or Ingo Noak, what are your opinions? Which is best (I’m sure a lot of this is subjective) and which parts have you gone for?

Do we have some photos we can share as I can’t make my mind up on what I want as the images on either website aren’t amazing!

Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I went for maxton designs. Bumper off , line up and nut and bolt them into place. Think there was about 14 to be precise. Lines up really well.

Black Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bottle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille Wheel

Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Wheel

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Wheel

Sorry the photos haven’t gone in the correct order!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I went for maxton designs. Bumper off , line up and nut and bolt them into place. Think there was about 14 to be precise. Lines up really well.

View attachment 7642
View attachment 7637
View attachment 7641
View attachment 7640
View attachment 7639
View attachment 7638
View attachment 7643
Sorry the photos haven’t gone in the correct order!
Looks good! Is taking the bumper off a necessity or was that because it made it easier? Would laying on the floor/using jacks work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I mean doing it on Jacks would be possible with 2 people. But I don’t think the result would be as good or precise, probably more a pain in the ass if I’m honest. Taking the bumper off was about 10 screws and 6 pop rivets in the undertray. Not a massive job and everything can be lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
You like them more without the stripes....
These aren't the droids we're looking for....

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem. Bought them in white originally but the slight difference in white was bugging me. So decided on black in the end

Attachments

·
Registered
Up gti
150 Posts
Loving it with the black wheels, also like it without the stripe :/ Did you remap it, I went Apr and it's a little rocket. Yes faster out there but not much use when commuting 80 miles to work given fuel prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks! I’ve not seen one without stripes yet , I just fancied a change as at work there is 3 up GTI’s on the car park (one of them white also) and it just reminded me of corsa limited edition cars. I have had my work done at JBS and I am booking in soon for stage 3. Currently only stage one 148Bhp!

·
Registered
Up gti
150 Posts
Thanks! I’ve not seen one without stripes yet , I just fancied a change as at work there is 3 up GTI’s on the car park (one of them white also) and it just reminded me of corsa limited edition cars. I have had my work done at JBS and I am booking in soon for stage 3. Currently only stage one 148Bhp!
Yeah mate that will be lethal, here in NI I hardly see another up, I removed all GTi badges before remap as I always thought it never lived up to it. What sorta brake is stage 3, will be lethal lol? Thanks bud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts