Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know how things are going with you ? I did have a wobble moment and wanted my POLO back, and at times wish I did have it. Love my baby UP! but would like a few more items as standard. Any feed back ??

·
Registered
957 Posts
Tell me more !!I have a Polo 1.4 SE and I am thinking of making the UP! my next car, what are the reasons for you wanting the Polo back ?
Anyone else changed from a Polo to an UP!, are you still pleased with your choice ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya, I do love my Move UP! had alloys,sound pack and sunroof. It handles well and the fuel consumption is great, I have to use mine for work so am happy with that. Boot space well ample for weekly shop as put down rear seat and just fill up. Also plenty of room for my corgi, even if I have rear seats up.

Can't really fault the UP its a lovely little car and very economical,plenty of room, great to drive.

I had a 1.4 Polo I miss the extra engine power,the little things like heated wing mirrors (mine frozen since this morning and dare not try and move them). being able to open passenger window (did'nt realise I did this so much until I could'nt).
Extra comfort, and sorry can't say exactlly what it is but had 2 Polo's before the UP! and just feels like something missing. Not sure I can afford to trade back now but can't say I will be very dissapointed, if I could have 2 cars would have Polo and UP sorry I can't be more helpful.
Shame we can't have them for a few weeks and then decide.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Our Take Up came along in March 2012 and has done 6000 trouble free miles. It is one of the best cars we have ever had, the only issue being that it is rather basic in spec.In fact we like it so much that we have bought another one! The 5 door High Up arrived today and we love it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got my up!White last May and it has been simply the best small car I have ever driven. In this weather the heated seats come in to their own of course. I thought I didn't have heated mirrors, but whilst talking to the receptionist at the garage she told me that my model did in fact have heated mirrors. You just have to set the control to 12 o.clock. The control being the little one on the driver's door where you alter the angles of your mirrors etc. I had failed to read the instruction book properly of course, skipping bits as usual. I hope that maybe you find this to be the case with your up! too. Maybe all models do not have it but it is worth trying out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Took delivery of my fully loaded white up! on May 18th (5 days before my birthday). So far I've put a total of 5,700km on it and loving every kilometre..!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got my Citigo Elegance on 1st September and have done 7k miles and absolutely love it in every respect its deffo the best car I ever had!!! Looking forward to loads more miles in it as well!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Still loving my UP!Covered 12,000 miles without any problems, still fun to drive
Ordered a 2nd UP! (black UP!) for my son and wife to use. Expect it to arrive in March
heated seats come into their own in this weather.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi leif thats quite a lot of miles already in less than a year bit like me really!! Was ure up! Ok at the first service? Did u have to spend much on it? Mine will be coming up to its first service soon - id like to know roughly how much it cost all in - mines the skoda version but there wont be much difference i dont suppose

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The first service was covered by the 3 year service deal, so no, there were no nasties. I tend to think that modern cars should have no unexpected service costs in the first 3 years, and if my experience is anything to go by, they can go for 7 years before costs mount, assuming high mileage ~15,000 a year. In other words, they should do 100,000 miles without huge bills. If your right foot is heavy, you'll have a clutch to replace, and if you go on rough roads, the undercarriage will be damaged.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for that i do a very high mileage too but that sounds reassuring!! I got 2 years servicing free from skoda about a huge customer services complaint i made so im hoping i wont have 2 shell out loadsa dollar on replacements at the service!!! Thanks for ure reply

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ours is 7 months old now.

Lovely little car but the engine is dog rough.

There is a difference between rorty/sporty and how this engine sounds.

I think VW screwed up here and it's no good talking about soundproofing (lack of) the fact is the car doesn't have it and the engine noise is tedious.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
10k miles in 4 months, all sweet as a nut...cannot fault the wee beastie......great wee car!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm with you on this Doc, had mine since September and is also sweet as nut. Engine has loosened up quite nicely, and feels a lot quicker than when it was new.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought my car at the very end of April and have done 9k miles since. The Up is a great little car with all the performance I need.

I've been a bit disappointed though with the build quality, having had a leaking windscreen seal and a few rattles - I'm assuming that this is the 'penalty' for being and early adopter.

In general, I would recommend this car to anyone who may be looking for a comfortable little car that's easy to drive and cheap to run.

·
Registered
397 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
I've been a bit disappointed though with the build quality, having had a leaking windscreen seal and a few rattles - I'm assuming that this is the 'penalty' for being and early adopter.

Today's comment by Honest John (of the Daily Telegraph) are interesting re overall quality In response to gearbox whines he says -
"...It's
a standard feature ... drive trains whine on some but not on others ...
THESE ARE CHEAP CARS BUILT DOWN TO A PRICE ..." He goes on to say
that on the basis of his postbag over the past 17 years " ... VW
gearboxes on Polos and Golfs have been no better or worse that those on
Fiats, Renaults, Hondas or Toyotas. There have been fewer problems with
Fords".

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, only had our high up since november but loving it.Heated seats and mirrors are a must these days.how pampered we are.Only real difference to polo is boot size but you may notice the lack of soundproofing in the up. Not a problem though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Had the Take Up since March 2012 and done 6500 miles so far. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it and it seems to be getting faster.

I love the engine, it is revvy and rorty and I find it impossible to drive it gently. I completely disagree that it is rough, I think it is a little gem.

All in all it is the most fun car I have had since my Mini days many years ago, and that includes Jaguar, BMW and Alfa Romeo cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts