Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen Mayan Blue for real? On the configurator it looks really nice. A worthy replacement to the light blue which was not quite blue but more than off-white - so many people found it hard to like. Is the new colour more to everyone's taste?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't like it at all. Much prefer the old light blue. I'm sure when I ordered my Groove that light blue was available and I slightly regret going for white instead.

This Mayan blue reminds me of the old Ford colour that was known as 'kiss of death' in the trade because nobody wanted it secondhand!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i do get that. I also prefer dark colours on a car in general. This is why I have gone for Tungsten Silver which looks more grey than silver.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Haven't seen one yet but love our light blue up. If I decide to change in two years time I don't know what colour to go for as I find all the other colours a bit boring.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pictures pictures pictures!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, give me another week!
I have a mayan blue on order awaiting collection about 3rd September. I have had a 'light blue' ....or as I call it, an 'actic' white- move up! for 8000 miles. It has been a great little car for the last 20 months but I received a letter from my local VW dealer saying they were short of cars like mine and could trade it in at a very attractive price. So I went along and said what I really want is another 'move up' in a 'real' mid-blue, but I would like one with the more efficient 'Bluemotion' stop/start engine, 5 doors and I want to carry my present number with me.... cos it is almost identical to my surname. They said O.K. We have one already in this country and it will only cost £80 to transfer the plate. You can have it in about 2 weeks! They made me an offer and after I said "I'll think about it" enough times, they negotiated, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I found out they have only been producing the mayan blue for about 6 months now! So, hopefully I will post a couple of pictures for you very soon :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
From memory, I've seen one or two Mayan blue coloured UP!s since it's release.

I quite like the colour, although I wish VAG would re-introduce kingfisher blue metallic paint that they offered on the MK1 Audi A4, as I considered it something rather special.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Furthermore, yesterday afternoon, upon returning home from work, I had to wait for a driver of a Mayan blue UP! on a 14-plate, pass by before I was able to reverse on to my drive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm looking at this colour to save £500 on a metallic...

For some reason the Mayan Blue makes the Take Up and Move Up with steel wheels look better than any of the other colours, don't know what it is, maybe because it's a cheerful colour?

I mean, how good does this look with the steel wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
......and that's why we keep going on about Mayan blue. It's great as a no-cost option.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think the colour looks nice, regardless of the trim level.

If you like it, venus, sign upon the dotted line

·
Registered
47 Posts
Delayed arrival ......cos of transferring number (cos it's almost the same as my name) Pick up on Monday 15th Sept and will post pics for you

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cadfael said:
I prefer black and red ... 

My mind:
If you have to decide between Tungsten Silver or Mayan Blue + M&M > take Mayan Blue + M&M ...
But if your heart cries Tungsten - take Tungsten ...
Genau

·
Registered
14 Posts
have a look on Autotrader,last lime i looked there was a few on ,also gives a good idea what the car looks like with different alloys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts