Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I don't know if I have opened this topic in the right category but if not please move it.

My name is Daniel and I'm from Croatia, I have my Up! exactly one year and done almost 23000km to say it in short I'm really happy with the car.

A year ago I picked up an 65hp Red VW High Up! with sport pack, sound pack and the pack with the tempomat and seat heating don't know how it's called. From that day I use it as my daily drive for work (I have 31km in one way to my work), going to the town and Holiday.

I bought some winter tyres and drove no problem trough the winter time from Icy roads to roads with about 20-30 cm snow on it (I live more in the north of Croatia and yes we got that much snow), yes some times I got stuck with the Up! but everytime somehow the car got out.

This year I went with the car on Holiday to the Croatian sea and to Swiss. To the sea I drove about 300km in one way and to Swiss it was about 900km in one way. It was no problem to take so a longer journey with the Up! and the consumption was only about 5l/100km. The car was full with 3 persons and luggage.

My normal everyday consumption is about 4.1-4.6l/100km which I think is very well. I'm very happy with the car no bigger problems, only once the exaust heat shield under the car went off and made some noise but my dealer repaired it free of charge (It was a really simple repair) and sometimes but really rare the steering is pulling the car a little bit to the right but like I told before that happens really rare.

Edited by: DanXo

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I hear you...I've now done 26500 miles in 13 months (42,647 Km) and I still love my up....one of the most sensible and practical cars I've ever had.....well pleased!

Funnily enough, my heat shield also worked loose and it was replaced by dealer.

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a much of milage you have done in 13 months.

And i forgot to mention my Up! was going 191km/h on the German "autobahn" it was a very long downhill part and was a nice feeling to overtake an Mercedes E class with that speed.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
DanXo said:
Thats a much of milage you have done in 13 months.

And i forgot to mention my Up! was going 191km/h on the German "autobahn" it was a very long downhill part and was a nice feeling to overtake an Mercedes E class with that speed.
Blimey. That is 118 mph in old money. I have taken mine to ~110mph (according to the speedo so maybe ~100mph in practice) on a straight level stretch. It was very stable but rather noisy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was 191km/h on the GPS navigation, the speedo was very close to 200km/h on my Up! that was cool to se it at the max. :D

And on the straight I got my Up! also about 160km/h

1 - 6 of 6 Posts