Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it only for one year, when Skoda provide three years'? And VW charge extra for the badge! Yes, I am a Citigo owner and glad I made that choice.........

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Orm thats a bit naughty init! What do seat get? I bet it's 2 years haha

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is it not to do with peace of mind vw has a better name so not necessary to offer 3 year skoda on the other hand...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying a bad name sticks and it's very hard to shift it.

I do believe skoda is a good car after all it seems to be the first choice for a lot of taxi drivers and if anyone knows reliable cars it is a taxi driver

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If your from Bolton taxis are mainly all toyota corollas or however its spelt! I think thats just pour cheapness not reliability lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
North east it's definitely skoda octavia

·
Registered
811 Posts
The breakdown cover is pretty mean. It has just run out on the Take Up. I searched online and got cover from Kwik Fit insurance at £17.86 for the year including everything but home start. If the thing breaks down at home I will get VW to come and fetch it.

I didn't bother renewing the VW cover at 60 quid.

·
Registered
113 Posts
a very different story here in Denmark...

VW breakdown cover is free of charge for the whole life of the car as long as a full service history and all services are done by a VW service center...

·
Registered
128 Posts
RAC with recovery is £79.99online but they give £50 of fuel (so they say)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm pretty sure I got 3 years' cover with my Mii. I'll check tonight.

·
Registered
430 Posts
doowop said:
Why is it only for one year, when Skoda provide three years'? And VW charge extra for the badge! Yes, I am a Citigo owner and glad I made that choice.........
There is a certain amount of badge snobbery thats for sure and as far as I can see all 3 cars do the same job, however, when it comes to selling or part ex timethe VW will out do the other 2 versions by more than what 2 years breakdown costs so I guess its swings, roundabouts, and personal preference. So basically the extra you pay for the badge you will get back with interest in the longer term.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts