Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the maps and more brightness goes down when driving in the dark?

Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd assume so, it's difficult to notice physically but there's a setting for it in setup, brightness day and brightness night have two separate sliders

·
Registered
705 Posts
There's an option to alter the brightness of the display. There are two separate settings, the first for during the day and the second for night time.
Click on Navigation
Click on Options
Click on Settings
Click on General
On Page 1 of 5, there is now the option to alter the Brightness Day and the Brightness Night

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would say it does yes.

My old Navigon did too. Notice it more when going through a tunnel

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your feedback. I wonder how it knows when day and night is?
I haven't driven my up at night yet, but when I put it away in the garage, the screen always seems to stay bright. I will have a play with the settings as above.. Thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It uses the information from the GPS satellite and the built-in software to determine what time sunrise or sunset is dependent on the units current location and will then switch over automatically.

Nick

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Collas said:
It uses the information from the GPS satellite and the built-in software to determine what time sunrise or sunset is dependent on the units current location and will then switch over automatically.

Nick
Blimey! That is advanced...
Do you have to run the navigation in the background, or does it work at all times?
When I come out of navigation mode, is asks if you are sure you want to quit navigation.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Collas said:
There's an option to alter the brightness of the display. There are two separate settings, the first for during the day and the second for night time.
Click on Navigation > Options > Settings > General .On Page 1 of 5, there is now the option to alter the Brightness Day and the Brightness Night. Nick
Actually, there's a choice of three Override settings: DAY or NIGHT or AUTOMATIC.
I'm set on Automatic. Tonight, from 6.30pm it got darker but the screen stayed on the DAY brightness even after I switched on headlights. On my return to the car, at 10pm, after start-up the screen was on NIGHT brightness.
My question is Does anyone know for sure how the auto setting works?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts