Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... no rude comments

So guys, love them or hate them, do you have any? If so, how many, where and what of?

·
Registered
956 Posts
OK, I'll start the ball rolling. I've got three:

Aerosmith logo on my left shoulder

The cover drawing from Jethro Tull's Broadsword and the Beast on my right shoulder

A small ram's head on my right hip to denote my zodiac sign
Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got 9
Although if you saw me, you wouldn't know unless I wanted you to.

I have a pink butterfly, ribbon ensemble on one foot, tribal black swirly thing, like a butterfly on my other foot.
My daughters name in Arabic on one wrist, a tribal style cat on the other
5 stars on the top of my back in blue and purple. A tribal pattern at the bottom of my back, with a yin yang design above it.
My first one was a unicorn on my thigh (urgggghhh!). God knows why! Couldn't find anything else and just wanted one.Young and stupid, what else can I say?
And yesterday I had 666 in a circle pattern behind my ear. So the Bepanthen is fresh on my hands, hence the question.

Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clowesa said:
OK, I'll start the ball rolling. I've got three:

Aerosmith logo on my left shoulder

The cover drawing from Jethro Tull's Broadsword and the Beast on my right shoulder

A small ram's head on my right hip to denote my zodiac sign
Wow Alison. I've just looked up the album cover. Very coolEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Wow Alison. I've just looked up the album cover. Very cool

And WOW right back at you. 9 tats, very impressive, and interesting subjects too.

Like you, mine aren't on show unless I want them to be. I had all three done in very quick succession 19 years ago and at the time, could have got quite addicted to getting them (I was actually involved with the tattooist so got them at a discount too). Don't really know why I decided to stop and have been tempted many times to get more but just never got around to it. Always seemed to have something better or more necessary to spend the money on.

But now you've brought it up again...................

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive spent a lot of time at my tattooist in the past month. My daughter had quite a large piece done, 5 butterflies down her side, that took two 4 hour sittings, which when you're somewhere like that turns into about 5 hours a time. Then my friend at work had a piece done and I sat with her for over 3 hours. Then we went back yesterday for my mine.

I really want a VW one next. I will pop a few ideas up. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sorry, maybe not the clearest pics, but I'm sure you get the idea

·
Registered
956 Posts
I like both of them but of the two, I prefer the second one for its surprise quality because an initial glance gives you the Celtic look and then you do a bit of a double takeon the VW. I supposeit really depends on how obvious you want the VW to be.

And where will this one be located if I'm not being too personal?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I'm really not sure where. I need to think about that one. I'm still looking at the moment, but they are my favorites. I do like the love heart sticker I've got on the car, so it's always an option to ask the tattooist to draw something similar but smaller for a tattoo

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm still a (large) blank canvas
. Tattoos have never appealed to me although I quite admire the better executed 'single' ones. Full sleeves etc just look weird as did the guy I saw recently who had had his whole head and face done - plain
!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tattooist says having your head done doesn't hurt! Anything round your kidneys it particularly painful apparently

·
Registered
423 Posts
I can never help wondering what the future holds when all you inked individuals are pensioners and these once bright tatoos have all faded and blurred

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a photo and motto in the shop about just that. If only I can remember what it said

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I reckon the non-tattooed folk will be the unusual ones in the care home! Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts