Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just messiing with the vw configurator and found that all the paints except 'pearl effect' are now described as metallic! Has anyone yet taken delivery of a tornado red metallic? Is this a very new thing? I feel a little cheated as metallic paint was a £450 option when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tornado Red, Candy White and Light blue are all solid colours hence there being no charged and are labelled as, "Non-metallic." Deep Black is the only peal effect paint they do the rest are metallic. I think the £450 charge is in the steep side for such a small car!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Solid colours appear as "non-metallic" on my configurator.
Given that there is a 12-16 week wait it is very likely that at some stage the configurator will be modified to reflect updated specs whilst there are yet to be delivered orders in the pipeline that have been placedusing the configurator current at the timeof placing the order.

How are those who are waiting going to feel if this situation arises?

vup rider

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just downloaded the latest configurator app onto my phone and that's where all the colours show as metallic. Maybe it's a mistake.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think it is a mistake, I was quite excited when I saw the iPhone app but no the red, light blue and white are just standard colours

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Itzben said:
I think it is a mistake, I was quite excited when I saw the iPhone app but no the red, light blue and white are just standard colours
Bit strange though, isn't it? Here's what the app says. Oops, upside down, but you see what i Mean!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Bit strange though, isn't it?  Here's what the app says.  Oops, upside down, but you see what i Mean!

[/QUOTE]

It is funny why they've done it, just a mistake but I don't know why it's not been sorted! when I was ordering i tried to get info out of my dealer about things but I ended up telling him some things that he double checked on and I pointed out this mistake and it bamboozled him haha

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Pure white is different to candy white, I know as my filler cap was candy and the car was pure! Doh! Sorted now though

·
Registered
47 Posts
The mobile app on ios devices does state that all paint selections are metallic.

Agree it seems a bit odd that this has not been corrected.

Vup rider

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I've just checked the volkswagen website and the White, red and light blue are non-matellic.
Think it's a mistake on the app side of things.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
they call the up!white 'special' paint but its just a different shade of white....or should that be a 'whiter shade of pale' pop pickers!....certainly NOT metallic

·
Registered
532 Posts
Have you let VW know that there is a problem with the the app? I'm on first name terms with a lady called emma regarding the website problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts