Up Owners Club banner
681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
With the piston, it is you that is carrying the dev costs (tooling is probably not so bad as once forged, which is a common-ish operation, it's then standard CNC work), but someone has to go first!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
Hi Folks!

Happy new year to you all.

HG Motorsports of Germany are shortly to bring out an air induction system and turbo inlet pipe. They have produced the scientific results of their testing as shown below.

I don't understand German too well but the comparisons are based on various combinations of OEM and HF series parts.

Best wishes

Micky

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Hi Folks

Just thought I would update you all.

As I wait for the Drexler diff to arrive via MRD Motorsports in Germany, so that I can commence the "underside" part of my build,I have ordered a competition clutch from Sachs Motorsport.

On their recommendations I have gone for a 200mm single disk organic clutch which is good for 500+ Nm of torque!

I will post photos when it arrives next week. (y)

Mickyboy

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
BTW

Sachs have told me that this clutch is NOT a "plug and play" component and that I will have to have a custom flywheel made to fit.

It seems that the lightened flywheel I had made is unusable in this context but it is suitable for an OEM clutch and if anybody is interested in this for their car, just give me a shout.....:)(y)

Cheers
M

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #686 ·
Hi Folks

Long time no speak!

My Sachs performance clutch has just arrived (see photos)

I am just setting off to collect the engine block which has had the cylinders honed for when the rods / pistons arrive.

I will collect the crankshaft also which was used in measuring / designing the rods/pistons.

Will take a snap and upload.....:)(y)

Cheers

Micky

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
Hi again

HG Motorsports Germany have just release picture of there up and coming air induction system and turbo inlet pipe!

M

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
See, even though not a journo or marketing person well-versed in such matters, I suspect the asterisk by the price is shorthand for "not actually the price*".

*and as we are all unwilling Americans now, the idea of the price of something being almost never what you pay, is accepted, sadly. It used to make us laugh when we lived there, but no longer :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Come on guys! form an orderly queue!!

This is the best 1 Euro you will ever spend...............:whistle:
Saw this fitted to a car online a while back and it looks like it's going to be identical to the Racingline intake that's been released for ages?
I'm confused why you'd wait and then probably end up spending more on this one when you have a solution already available and that's shipped from within the UK?

Unless it's the carbone fibre...which is always lovely to have haha.

Can't wait to see what progress you make with the engine building/strengthening- its an area I can imagine exploring in the future once I've run out of things to tinker with 👍

T

681 - 700 of 704 Posts