Up Owners Club banner
1041 - 1045 of 1045 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 ·
Mickey when do we expect to see the finished article, I say this as it's your journey and go as fast or slow, but, I just want to see the thing ripping along.
Hi Emmet

Thanks for your ongoing support.

I'm now pushing this project as fast as I can. The priority is to get the first stage (the underside) completed and as mentioned I need at least the upgraded front brakes.

I can send photos of all the relevant parts I have accumulated to the racing company and get a quote / timescale.

I have to do a bit of financial re - jigging to get the build budget together but that shouldn't be too hard now.

The stage 2 of the project (upper side) means that I have already the following items:-

Hybrid Turbo with thermal coating and heat shield.

Double valve exhaust with Bull X control

Pistons / conrods

Competition clutch

Engine stabiliser bar

N.B. The traction control on/off set-up will be carried out.

I need the following items

Downpipe

Custom lightened flywheel (the existing one won't fit the new clutch)

Lightweight battery

Carbon Front seats

Rear seat delete

CAE gear shifter.

Stage 3 Remap

Turbo inlet pipe

Air induction system

Headlamp conversion

I can't believe how many parts make up the underside of the car and also the expense.e.g JRZ RS PRO 3

Hope that's encouraging :)

Stay tuned..........

Micky

·
Registered
Up gti
150 Posts
Hi Emmet

I'm now pushing this project as fast as I can. The priority is to get the first stage (the underside) completed and as mentioned I need at least the upgraded front brakes.

I can send photos of all the relevant parts I have accumulated to the racing company and get a quote / timescale.

I have to do a bit of financial re - jigging to get the build budget together but that shouldn't be too hard now.

The stage 2 of the project (upper side) means that I have already the following items:-

Pistons / conrods

Competition clutch

Engine stabiliser bar

Downpipe

Lightweight battery

Carbon Front seats

Rear seat delete

CAE gear shifter.

Stage 3 Remap

Turbo inlet pipe

Air induction system

Headlamp conversion

I can't believe how many parts make up the underside of the car and also the expense.e.g JRZ RS PRO 3

Stay tuned..........

Micky
Keep er lit bigman :0

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Hi Emmet

Pistons / conrods

Competition clutch

Engine stabiliser bar

Downpipe

Lightweight battery

Carbon Front seats

Rear seat delete

CAE gear shifter.

Stage 3 Remap

Turbo inlet pipe

Air induction system

Headlamp conversion

Stay tuned..........

Micky
If you're still thinking of going for my Rear Disc Conversion (which I would recommend if you are going on track as they'll fade less than drums), then I have an option to supply without pads and discs if you'd rather configure a higher spec of these to match any uprated front brakes you'll fit.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,045 ·
If you're still thinking of going for my Rear Disc Conversion (which I would recommend if you are going on track as they'll fade less than drums), then I have an option to supply without pads and discs if you'd rather configure a higher spec of these to match any uprated front brakes you'll fit.
Hi there

Thanks for that information. I think I would opt for upgrading to the disc but add the pads of my choice.

I will be in touch,

Thanks
M

1041 - 1045 of 1045 Posts