Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Haven't really used my Maps & More much yet, and have mainly been playing music via ipod connected to the aux input of the car stereo which is a bit annoying. It appears however that you can utilise the Maps & More microSD card slot to play music from, and it will be a bit more interactive, with the capability to display album covers etc. Reading the online manual didn't shed much light, and I've been googling away trying to find out if I have to look for any specific specification of card, as there seem to be variants such as class 4, class 10 etc, plus the Micro SDHC cards. Does literally any sort of card that says micro SD work with Maps & More?

Many thanks,

Richard.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes, as far as I am aware any micro SD card should work, only upto a 32GB size card, and then the speed it work will make a difference and thats where the different classes come into play.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Richard W. Rinn said:
Reading the online manual didn't shed much light, and I've been googling away trying to find out if I have to look for any specific specification of card, as there seem to be variants such as class 4, class 10 etc, plus the Micro SDHC cards. Does literally any sort of card that says micro SD work with Maps & More?
Go back and read it again, the manual even recommends a particular brand of card.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
willowaz said:
yes, as far as I am aware any micro SD card should work, only upto a 32GB size card, and then the speed it work will make a difference and thats where the different classes come into play.
Hope so Willowaz. I've got a 32gb Sandisk thats raring to go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We are having problems with a micro sd card being ok for a time and then not bing recognised. Will try a new card just in case it's faulty

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am using a PNY 8 GB. When saving files to Mp3 using an Apple IMac it would not recognise the files but as soon as I saved files using windows (.WAV ) files it played them with no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm, I'd selected to be informed by email if my post had any replies, but just manually had a look there after receiving no notifications and there were five posts! :)

Okay let's see...

Thanks for the tip on classes Willowaz, I eventually picked that up reading the SD Card entry on wikipedia, but at first I thought it was maybe like 4th generation, 10th generation etc, so a Class 10 is the fastest at present I believe.

vwild1 - the UK manual as found on the navigon site doesn't mention recommended brands or capacities of microsd card to go for (yes, I checked it again, to no avail). Can't vouch for the manual on the device, or for non UK manuals, but it's the online UK one I've been reading.

Navigon's site has this reasonably recent page which mentions that they like sandisk brand, and lists the maximum capacities that different models of Navigon device can handle:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/kundenservice/faq.html?content_identifier=faq&id=9965&page=44

It doesn't specifically list Maps & More, but on my Maps & More it says something like Navigon 70/71 Premium so perhaps that suggests 8Gb maximum? Has anybody been using a 32Gb one with success?

Cheers,

Richard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
M+M definitely supports cards up to 32Gb - I've been using a class 10 one for a few months now without any problems.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm using a 16 with no problems.. Wish I had got a 32 though
, as mine is full up already...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought today 16 GB Transcend Ultimate microSDHC card and uploaded 4 GB music to it. Seems to work fine with M & M.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Been using a sandisk 16gb for nearly a month, all OK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just thought I'd post an update to say that I went for a Sandisk 32 Gb Micro SD card, loaded a bundle of music on to it and it seems to be working fine!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sandisk are the best IMHO (also the most counterfeited so be careful)

32 gb sitting on my shelf waiting for my up!

·
Registered
727 Posts
matt-drummer said:
Do you know how to identify a genuine 32gb class 10 model on ebay?

The M&M isn't a high speed DSLR which require high writing speeds, don't waste your money on a class 10 card.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I stick to buying mine direct from Amazon, not a third party seller on Amazon. Rightly or wrongly I assume that this assures me an original product and not a fake Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
705 Posts
And get in contact with Sandisk to confirm that the serial number is genuine.

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using a Sandisk 16GB and it works fine, but is there no way of arranging the songs so you can choose a particular album? I just have hundreds of songs in a great long list where you cannot find anything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts