Up Owners Club banner

Micro SD Cards

17K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Collas 
#1 ·
Hi,

Haven't really used my Maps & More much yet, and have mainly been playing music via ipod connected to the aux input of the car stereo which is a bit annoying. It appears however that you can utilise the Maps & More microSD card slot to play music from, and it will be a bit more interactive, with the capability to display album covers etc. Reading the online manual didn't shed much light, and I've been googling away trying to find out if I have to look for any specific specification of card, as there seem to be variants such as class 4, class 10 etc, plus the Micro SDHC cards. Does literally any sort of card that says micro SD work with Maps & More?

Many thanks,

Richard.

#2 ·
yes, as far as I am aware any micro SD card should work, only upto a 32GB size card, and then the speed it work will make a difference and thats where the different classes come into play.

#3 ·
Richard W. Rinn said:
Reading the online manual didn't shed much light, and I've been googling away trying to find out if I have to look for any specific specification of card, as there seem to be variants such as class 4, class 10 etc, plus the Micro SDHC cards. Does literally any sort of card that says micro SD work with Maps & More?
Go back and read it again, the manual even recommends a particular brand of card.

#4 ·
willowaz said:
yes, as far as I am aware any micro SD card should work, only upto a 32GB size card, and then the speed it work will make a difference and thats where the different classes come into play.
Hope so Willowaz. I've got a 32gb Sandisk thats raring to go.

#7 ·
Umm, I'd selected to be informed by email if my post had any replies, but just manually had a look there after receiving no notifications and there were five posts! :)

Okay let's see...

Thanks for the tip on classes Willowaz, I eventually picked that up reading the SD Card entry on wikipedia, but at first I thought it was maybe like 4th generation, 10th generation etc, so a Class 10 is the fastest at present I believe.

vwild1 - the UK manual as found on the navigon site doesn't mention recommended brands or capacities of microsd card to go for (yes, I checked it again, to no avail). Can't vouch for the manual on the device, or for non UK manuals, but it's the online UK one I've been reading.

Navigon's site has this reasonably recent page which mentions that they like sandisk brand, and lists the maximum capacities that different models of Navigon device can handle:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/kundenservice/faq.html?content_identifier=faq&id=9965&page=44

It doesn't specifically list Maps & More, but on my Maps & More it says something like Navigon 70/71 Premium so perhaps that suggests 8Gb maximum? Has anybody been using a 32Gb one with success?

Cheers,

Richard.

#10 ·
I bought today 16 GB Transcend Ultimate microSDHC card and uploaded 4 GB music to it. Seems to work fine with M & M.

#15 ·
Sandisk are the best IMHO (also the most counterfeited so be careful)

32 gb sitting on my shelf waiting for my up!

#19 ·
And get in contact with Sandisk to confirm that the serial number is genuine.

Nick

#24 ·
Well, I have an SD card slot on my laptop, so I just plug in the SD card and the computer recognises it. I can then go into "Computer", where all my drives are listed, double click on the SD icon and I can then explore, add or delete folders, files etc, just as you would with any drive orstorage device.

I presume that if you don't have an SD card reader on your PC and you attach M&M to your computer via USB with the SD card in situ, you can also access the SD card in much the same way? I've never done this, so perhaps someone who has could confirm?

#25 ·
Your minisd card may not have come with an adapter to convert it into a standard SD card.

You should be able to browse the SD card if you connect your m&M to your computer.

#26 ·
However, adding files directly to the Micro SD card whilst it's in the M + M is painfully slow.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.